The first seven days

The first 4 of 7 days for me have been physical and emotional withdrawals and sad to say, lots of pain. Overall, it’s still better than the hangover pain and stress. I was working out good prior to my last binge; good cardio, heavy weights, strong diet, and was finally seeing a couple pounds down on the scale. Now, I lost all the muscle I built up prior to the binge, hangover/possible alcohol poisoning. It’s a slow uphill from here to get back to where I was physically, but I’m hopeful I’ll get there. I said “no” to the hardest question on my 6th sober day : would you like a drink? I attended a work meeting knowing it was a bar-setting, but I did need to speak with people there about current projects, and I went in prepared to say no. I used the excuse that I needed to drive for rideshare after that meeting. I did run into resistance, but I stayed firm. I realized the first no is the most important.

5 Likes

“The first no is the most important”. Key point there since a yes becomes a whole slippery slope. Thanks for sharing. Yeah I hear you about making progress but feeling like you lost it all.

Keep up the good work! It starts with one no and becomes a yes to living!

2 Likes