The guilt I can't shake

Tomorrow will be a milestone as I will be 30 days sober. I’m getting my new chip from my meeting and should feel pretty good about it. However, I do not. I have legal issues that I must address in the near future and obtaining my sobriety has put strain on my marriage. My wife is exhausted from my mood swings and many other things caused from my alcoholism. I can’t seem to shake the guilt caused by the pain that I have caused by my drinking. Just needed to vent.

6 Likes

Hang in there 30 days is a fantastic accomplishment. You should be very proud! Hang in there, everything else will fall into place in due time. Vent away, that’s what we are here for. Remember, we all got your back!

Do what you have to do for you. Just prove to her that you are doing this for real. If she don’t see the new you it’s not meant to be. I’ve been in the same boat with my kids mom. I proved to her that I did it, now she’s my best friend

Congrats on 30 pal! That’s a huge deal! As far as the guilt and legal shit, just keep pressing forward man. I was in your shoes at 30 days. And I can tell ya, It WILL get better. It WILL get easier.

Again, congrats bud! It truly is a miracle

2 Likes

Been there buddy its hard but stay strong if you have a sponsor speak to them wish you well

Congrats on your 30 days!! I am sorry you are struggling with guilt…you didn’t ask, but trying to stay in the moment…what can you do to make today, right now, a happy peaceful day, is a good thing to focus on. Getting your 30 day chip is something to be so proud of…so be proud and enjoy that. All the other stuff will still be there, but today is really all you have. Make it a good day.

2 Likes