The half year mark

I did it, 6 months, 182,5 days, 4380 hours.
Am I proud? Yes. Was it easy? Hell no. It all started 9 months ago. My mom confronted me with my gaming. I had subconsciously known for some time then, but I didn’t want to stop. So I told my mom that it was bullshit(not actual words lol). But that night I looked at all shitty things in life and I realized that most of it was through my gaming. At first I told myself that everyone I knew games more than me (which was the truth, I discovered I’ve got a lot of gaming addicted friends :confused: ). But the next day I agreed with my mom that I should go to rehab. Thanks to the amazing health care system in my country I could go to the best youth rehab in the country despite the fact my family is poor. I went there for 10 weeks and learned a lot. But the real struggle was when I got home and the temptations were everywhere, especially at school. I had days where I cried in bed because I wanted to game so badly. But I did it, six months on the clock, and it’s gonna keep on ticking for a long time.
Thank you for reading my story, good luck to everyone :smiley:

26 Likes

That’s awesome, congratulations.

1 Like

That’s amazing! Congratulations friend! Keep on killing it!!! :clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:

1 Like

Congratulations! You should feel very proud of yourself!

1 Like

You’re such an inspiration dude! :grin: Can’t believe how strong a character you are at such a young age to have got your 6 month mark. So pleased for you.
You are going to go on and smash life because you have already shown you can do anything you put your mind too.
Your family must be sooooo proud :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for those kind words :grin: :grin:

WOW!!! I’m soooo proud of you!!! I knew that gaming was addicting but didn’t know people could get help from rehab for it. That is a beautiful thing that your country has health care that can help people with lower income, get just as amazing treatment! When I was younger, I only got help with my addiction if I was court ordered (being less fortunate at the time financially). THAT IS SO AMAZING IM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

1 Like

1 Like

Half a year is no joke! Good on ya @anon89207786. :partying_face: :ice_cream:

2 Likes

Goed gedaan medelander! :facepunch:

1 Like

Dankjewel @Fargesia_murielae @SoberWalker
Thanks @Eke @AyBee @Kaila @Ambler @CNevarezN @Desire2ChangeToday @MrsOdh
Y’all are awesome :smiley:

6 Likes