The High Fantasy Reading Thread

Was there a movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar in it? She’s been in a lot of great movies, btw. Plus, she’s been married to Freddy Prinze Jr. for the last 15 years. A Hollywood success.

1 Like

She’s not in the Buffy movie. BTW, shes not the best singer.

1 Like

Haha! Did she sing in I Know What You Did Last Summer?

1 Like

Never saw it. I partial to the Buffy and the Magic Crab rom com she was it. I know that’s not the real name, but that’s what I call it.

1 Like

She was also great in Scooby Doo.

2 Likes

Scooby Doo is my spirit animal. But none of thos bullshit new Scooby Doo. Although the Supernatural/Scooby Doo crossover was one of the best things to happen in television!

2 Likes

There is a WOT Graphic Novel!!! Anyone seen it? Or should I pioneer this bitch?

Heard it wasn’t super great. You should totally pone that B though. Let me know how it is and maybe I’ll consider reading it!

I’m really more interested on seeing the visualization of the story. I think Eye is three volumes of over 300 pages. Also saw that there is a story of Egwene when she is a child hearing a tale of Lews Therin.

Not by Jordan, I assume? The Egwene story, I mean.

I don’t know. I would imagine so. It says it was made under the RJ Trust and his name and his wife’s is on it I think.

I ordered the World of the WOT on Amazon. I saw it years ago. What about the Companion? I think you said you have it. The reviews make it seem hit or miss.

1 Like

Okay, I think he did write the story. And it’s like 6 volumes of 178 pages or something, although the first one is 270.

Anyway, when should I read New Spring? Im 100+ pages into The Fires of Heaven right now. This is for you and @Ninetales.

1 Like

New Spring could be read as a prequel. Before the series starts. I’d maybe read it after book 1, so you can understand the magic and lore a bit. The companion was kinda cool. Some info that isn’t in the books. Most especially about the forsaken. You can tell that it was written prior to the series completion though. Seems like there’s some information that doesn’t match after book 8.

@Cgty04 how’s Eye of the World coming along. I know you relapsed recently, but dont let that deter you from your goals!

2 Likes

In his Grifindor colors!

5 Likes

Lol. As you can tell it is wayyyyyy to big for him. But his mommy just couldn’t wait😁

2 Likes

Love it!! Although if the sorting hat were to come to my house, I’d have to say that I prefer Ravenclaw.

Has anyone read the short story, A Planet Called Treason by Orson Scott Card?

@Bomdhil how’s Eye of the World?

1 Like

I am starting chapter 5. I read slowly but I am tasting it. I am delighted with the story and the caracters until now. I am going slow also because the names trying to learn well the caracters and who is who. I am in the beginning but this first 70 pages are great

2 Likes