The High Fantasy Reading Thread

It only gets better. The ending will freaking blow your mind! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Ha ha. I hope you. You know I am grateful that this book have reached my hands. It this kind of literature helps me in recovery because I see beauty in it

1 Like

I’m about halfway through Lord of Chaos (#6 I think) and man, it just gets better and better! And longer! Book is printed in 7 point font and is nearly 1000 pages. Looks like they get shorter after this.

2 Likes

:smiley::smiley:In spanish we use an expression: me pones los dientes largos which literally will be something like: you are making my teeth grow.
Which means: you are creating in me strong desires for that thing. You are making me to crave for reading more books.
Sorry for my broken english.
One thing that I am perceiving in this book the eye of the world and that I really like is the strong presence of women with really interesting personalities

2 Likes

Man, and that part only gets better too. Sometimes the men’s and women’s narration about the opposite sex gets silly and repetitive, but most of the time it’s true. Haha.

2 Likes

By the way. If I reach my month sober I promise to post a sober selfie with the book and my clean eyes. I like your style

1 Like

WHEN you get to a month. Stop being a downer.

1 Like

Who’s that by? I feel like the title sounds familiar. Although it would being that I read all fantasy all the time.

1 Like

Yes! Do it! Haha, then I’ll have eyes to put with your messages.

1 Like

:slight_smile: what means be a downer?

1 Like

Lame. Complainer. Someone who kills the party, or ruins the mood.

What I’m saying is, dont sit around and mope. Be positive, you had many days of sobriety. If anything, that should be proof that you can best this for good.

2 Likes

@DungeonMaster you hit the nail! I am a complainer or a downer. I have to recognize this defect. You are right. Another thing I have to work on. A more positive or cheerful spirit. You are right my friend

1 Like

Not to be a downer myself, but your attitude makes a huge difference in recovery

1 Like

I have to learn a new attitude. I recognize it. Thank you. I am open to advices and help. I think is the only way to grow.
The eye of the world keeps being fantastic!!!

1 Like

@Meggers Hey Megan, I just started reading A Game of Thrones. It’s a long series though, and it’s not finished yet, right? Is this series good, or overhyped?

1 Like

It’s like if you took all the politics from WOT and made a book from them.

Oh. That makes me less interested in reading it. Maybe I’ll just listen to it on audio instead…

I’ve never read past the first quarter of the first book. Never caught my interest. Haha, on the other hand, I’m a third of the way through Winter’s Heart. Clearly still loving WOT. Not gonna lie though, struggled with Path of Daggers and having a little bit of a hard time with this one. But I’m not sure if my allergies are a major part of that. Ragweed season makes my eyes all shitty and sometimes it’s a struggle to focus and there are all the eye boogies.

1 Like

Dune is a brilliant book, highly recommend

1 Like

My mother swears by Dune. Maybe I will give it another go one day. I have a hard time with the Omniscient POV narration I think. Just a personal preference really.

1 Like