The Little Thread of Sunshine ๐ŸŒž (with a chance of rain)

Thank you. I am very determined. I will get trough it.

2 Likes

Glad to see you are back .

1 Like

Nah itโ€™s a beautiful place to live. Things have changed so much in the last 20 years. I loved it here just wish we had more sunshine !! I would always recommend people visit ! In rural areas the landscape is similar to New Zealand. Itโ€™s no harder to stay sober here than anywhere else :slightly_smiling_face:.

And the grass MIGHT cut itself if the grass fairies appear !! :laughing:.

1 Like

Heya cate! What helped me alot was to get rid of all the alcohol in the house. Itโ€™s to much of a temptation.

1 Like

Iโ€™m checking in here now as often as I can. Like this I stay distracted with other things in my head. Determined to fight. I know I can do this

2 Likes

Hereโ€™s a good quote that might help.

โ€œYou canโ€™t think your way into a new way of acting, you need to act your way into a new way of thinkingโ€

11 Likes

Good to see you. Stay strong you can do it :blush:

And one thing. Share as much as you like on here. Nobody and I mean nobody will ever judge you. We are all singing from the same hymn sheet so never be afraid to talk or ask x

1 Like

Thank you I will definitely

1 Like

Keep staying strong we all believe in youโ€ฆ we all know and understand how hard it can be โ€ฆ x

1 Like

I love this saying โ€ฆ ive just written it down on my book . Thanks for this x

2 Likes

@Englishd Thank you Derek. In the short time Iโ€™ve been on TS, I pay particular attention to your comments (and a few others too - people with time & experience under their belt, and still take the time to support us newbies with their battle-scarred insights). You donโ€™t mince words :+1:. I like that.

I agree. Actions are what matter. I am unfortunately still at the stage of working that out. What am I going to change? Whatโ€™s my plan? How do I even create a plan? How do I make myself accountable?

I have a jumble of ideas โ€ฆ but nothing has โ€˜stuckโ€™ yet.

Thank you again. Means a lot. x

1 Like

Going to bed sober. Day 1 done good night all of you

6 Likes

Hiya @Ciska_Van_Der_Merwe Iโ€™m (currently) hoping that it doesnโ€™t come to that. Weโ€™ll see. I asked my husband a while back if we could do that. He said no. He 100% doesnโ€™t have a drinking problem, but he does buy mine for me :flushed::woman_shrugging:t3: He knows the volume I drink, and knows all of my issues. We talk about my therapy sessions. He is supportive. Right now, heโ€™ll be fine with stopping buying my DOC (Bud Lite), but not his teeny-tiny amount of golfing beer, or his subscription to a CA wine club. I will drink his stuff if thereโ€™s nothing else readily available :flushed:

Of all the information on this forum that resonated with me the most, was the fact that I would have to be prepared to do anything to get sober! Anything!
Even if that means changing lifestyles.
Just saying :grinning:

3 Likes

Be proud and sleep well :slight_smile:

1 Like

It took me almost 2 years to figure out that I couldnโ€™t think, or talk, my way out of this one.

2 Likes

Good morning. I indeed slept sooo well. Hope you too?

2 Likes

Yes I have. Still got another hour here. Proud of you. Have a great day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Morning :slight_smile: hope you have a great day!!!

1 Like