The Naked Mind by Annie Grace

Hello everyone. I just finished The Naked Mind by Annie Grace. Has anyone read or listened to her podcast? I loved learning about the bio-chemical reaction the body has when becoming sober. It’s a real fight that I know we all can win!!!

6 Likes

There are quite a few threads on this book if you would like to read them, you can use the magnifying glass in the upper right corner to open the search bar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeap. Read that, if you like that way of thinking, look into Allen Carr, Jason Vale, Hip Sobriety, The Temper, Laura Mckeown and the Home podcast. :blush:

1 Like

Also
Laura Mckeown and Holly Whittaker (of Hip Sobriety and Tempest school) have their own books now too.

1 Like

Should I make the popcorn now or later?

4 Likes

Popcorn for what

1 Like

Sorry…
The book and author have created quite a few heated debates in the past. Always an interesting watch… Hence the popcorn

4 Likes

Oh really?
That’s a shame.
Do people not respect other’s viewpoints or methods or modalities in this forum?

1 Like

Well, there are lots of people here, so you will get differing opinions on any number of things.

4 Likes

Her ‘30 day experiment’ was extremely useful to me.

3 Likes

Yeah.
I suppose.
It’s just odd to have debates where people are actually getting heated about different methods of trying to get sober.
If one method doesn’t work, try another or another. No one way will work for everyone…
I think it’s important to respect all the ways. As long as it gets people to sobriety I’m for it, whatever that means.
If that’s AA or NA or Refuge or SMART or Annie Grace.

12 Likes

I’m with you on that. Find what works for you…do that. :heart:

1 Like

Me as well @C_8. As well as the other books @MOTH83 mentions…among many others.

1 Like

I found the book useful - I make use of as many resources as I can, which includes a range of books, meetings, podcasts/speakers, etc.

8 Likes

I also like the book.
The 30 day experiment is free, and u get a daily video and questions to answer. I found it very useful. It was my first ‘quit lit’ so much was new and exciting. I am now doing the 100 days of lasting change, which is, mmm, ok, and cost 100 dollars, I think. She now has many intensive and expensive courses, I guess now she needs a team, she has to pay wages, overheads, etc. But people with a problem with alcohol often don’t have much money, and the idea she is making a lot of money from this is distasteful. I wonder exactly what her profit is.

1 Like

I am really excited for Holly Whittaker and Laura Mckeown’s respective books.
The Home podcast helped me so very much. I love those two.:blush:

2 Likes

Was a big fan of Hip Sobriety.

1 Like

It’s only that she also offers very expensive online courses. I’m one of the ones that finds that a bit shifty or snake oil-y.

I did try reading her book…I didn’t like it. But I think I just don’t like her personality. I’m not sure what it is though. I just don’t like Annie Grace. BUT. I’ve seen so many people here learn so much from her and gain so much that I won’t knock her.

My favourite book was Drink: The Intimate Relationship Between Women and Alcohol by Ann Dowsett Johnston.

2 Likes

I agree we shouldn’t limit our resources on knowledge. I am open to anything that can keep me sober. I am drowning myself in information including this site. Knowledge is leading me to abstinence. Keep it coming!!!

3 Likes

Thus the reason this sometimes turns up
In to a car crash.
I signed up for the thirty day thing but didn’t do through with it but then again alcohol is not my drug of choice. If it helps people then that’s all good. :+1::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes