“The Next Drink Won’t Be Different”

Just a quote I read that I thought would help, it makes sense and I needed it. 111 Days sober, and being on quarantine, man I want some IPAs and Coors gold and some weed, but must refrain.
I try to convince myself that after this “journey” or “experiment” is over with, I can start over with drinking, because I won’t have the same demons, insecurities, problems, issues and anger like before.
However, I don’t want to take that chance so I’m putting my all into staying sober.

9 Likes

Actually the next drink was different… it was WAY more powerful. It cemented me into a relapse that lasted nearly 2 years of heavy daily drinking. I barely made it out this last time. I know that picking up again is a death sentence for me. Stay strong.

8 Likes

For sure on that, man. I heard a gentleman say once, " I know I got another drunk in me, just not sure if I have another recovery". Scared the shit out of me. Stay healthy & happy!

5 Likes

I keep thinking about “a drink”. But then I try to remember when was the last time I had “a drink?” I can honestly say I have never ever ever had “a drink.” In my 45 years of drinking I’ve had 2 or 3 drinks. I’ve have 9 or 10 drinks. I’ve drank all day. I’ve drank all night. But I cannot remember ever having “a drink.” Why would it be any different now?

12 Likes

:star2:This :star2:
That’s so interesting and uncomfortable to think about but it is so true…I cant remember having just 1 drink. I never saw the point in 1 drink, I always had enough to really feel it and by that point I wouldn’t stop because I thought it made me happier and have more fun. People would always say why not just have one and I would think I might as well just drink water if I’m not going to get buzzed/drunk. So now I only order water, mentally and physically I am 100% better.

3 Likes

I drink my sparkling water like I use to drink my booze. I have 4 or 5 cans of LaCroix or similar. I can’t even have just one of them. And I feel so much better in the morning.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Thats my way… I never can have only one drink… Maybe okay one drink… But this will be a completely glass of gin
So its true i never will have one drink
So now its better to order a cola… This is a good way… Stay strong

1 Like

Me too! It’s my go to. Love it so much.

3 Likes