The pattern. Insanity is doing it again and again

Only on day two, but already I’ve sat and thought about my monthly pattern over the last 10 years.

10 day’s per month I would drink BIG. From those 10 days I’d need another 10 days just to recover.

Out of those 10 days of drinking, at least 2 of them would end up in Carnage and others would get hurt.

So I guess that I have a choice now! To carry on with my pattern or have 30, beautiful, productive day’s a month that I can spread love and joy to the people that are still close to me.

Drink is only the devils friend.

6 Likes

It’s not easy to brake the circle ( in my case ).I think everyone that is alcoholic try to do this, because life with alcohol is really dramatic: for us and for the people around us.
But … it is possible. The fact that this is possible is for me a big hope! Personally I must move all the energy I used to spent into alcohol into this new life. In my case it means reading here , go to AA meetings ( or online meeting too ) , reading books about how to manage this new life ( how to relax , meditation, how to do everything without alcohol). Here I’m finding a lot of people with tons of experience, and a lot of very interesting stories. This is a good starting point , I think!
All the best for your decision, you can do this and brake this shitty circle ! All the best , be strong :muscle:t2::muscle:t2::hugs::hugs::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. Since I wrote and posted the thread, I’ve ran a bath, tidied up my mess from two nights ago, and I’m genuinely excited regarding the thought of having 30+ day’s per month that are going to be positive. They say that life goes by quick (no wonder if we can’t remember it).

I can feel the calmness ahead :))

3 Likes

Hi Stephen 🙋
Welcome here, read around there is a lot of exelent info to find! Use the :mag: above and type in the subject you wanna read aboud.
Learning about your addiction is a big tool in beating it!
Try to change something! If you keep doing the same, nothing change (but that you already found out🤗)
Make a plan! If you type in sober plan above in that surch bar you find what I mean.

2 Likes

Yes it is Insane , to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome ? maybe try a meeting they might help you change your habits wish you well

1 Like

Thank you Buts. I had a huge gambling problem over 25 years ago. I was staying in London at the time and tapped into GA in s big way. I went to 5 meetings per week, ended up getting a job from my sponsor. I haven’t gambled since, not even the lottery. Two weeks ago I was telling people that I didn’t have a problem, I guess the other night and a conversation with my 11 year old the night before, has brought everything to the edge, I’m not going over that edge. I’ll be on here everyday. Thank God that I found you guys. Thank you again.

2 Likes

I will be going to a couple next week Ray. Thanks

2 Likes

Congratulations on your decision.

1 Like

A positive outlook is a great start feel excited you should be it’s a never ending possibility of freedom just waiting for you to grab

3 Likes