The Real Connection

Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I’m a recovering addict. I recently picked up a copy of The Real Connection and wanted to share today’s entry. I have experienced the benefits of taking on a service position in my 12 step program and I can’t recommend it highly enough. If you’re looking for a way to get more plugged in to your group, there’s nothing like a service position to make it happen! One of my favorite quotes in recovery is “the measure you give is the measure you get back.”

9 Likes

I needed this reminder this morning. Often for me “surrender” is a passive thing I do and it’s followed up with zero action. When I’m angry, surrender should mean doing something kind. When I’m feeling triggered, surrender means picking up the phone and/or removing myself from the triggering situation.

5 Likes

I am just loving this book. Complacency is my greatest enemy. I am one of those who worked a program for years and then left, thinking I could go it alone. It took a new rock bottom for me to realize I’ll be working a program for the rest of my life. And I look forward to it, whereas my first go at recovery it felt like a chore.

1 Like