The Sober One

9 months opiate free.
I was at a birthday party, pretty mellow. Then someone breaks out the coke. It immediately made me uncomfortable, but I was far from home and with no option to leave. As the night went on, it’s was just more and more and more. I decided to go to bed and get away from the situation. It made me pissed off at the people at the party, though. And I realize that that’s not fair. It’s their life and their decisions. No one wants to be judged. Do I plan on going back to another get together there? No. But my question is…
How do you guys handle being sober around friends who may not always be? How do you handle not judging them or letting it affect your mood or mind set?

I was a douchebag when I used drugs. I can’t imagine why anyone would want to hang out with a bunch of people using drugs.

LOL! :joy: I was going to say something slightly similar. If I feel like hanging out with people who won’t have my best interest at heart is a good idea, then I need to reach out for help because I’m on the verge of a relapse! You’ve been doing such a great job with being opiate free, I’d hate to see you waste that because the people around you don’t care about your wellbeing.

1 Like