The Strava thread

You can find @Jante76 on people I follow. I just requested you. I don’t have Jen yet.

As promised, I am back on Strava after a long hiatus. It was raining, so I rode Innsbruck, Austria virtually on Zwift this evening. I have plans for tomorrow night, so I had to go hard tonight.

2 Likes

I love zwift.

1 Like

Feel free to giggle at this ridiculous time if you like lol!

Though I walk everywhere all the time, I haven’t actually really run since I got out of the army like…15 years ago. :joy:

So today was all about finding my baseline now. Hit the trail for some interval training, testing hr, cadence, getting back in the swing of breathing properly and such. And testing apps since I’m using a few simultaneously.

Can I just say how fuck all AMAZED I was at the difference (almost) 90 days of sobriety, a month or two of yoga, and just 3 days off cigarettes combined has made?! I feel like I’ve finally got my damn body back, and I’m on cloud 9 about it haha! :metal:t2::vulcan_salute:t2:

3 Likes

Thats awesome. Great job!! Luckily I quit smoking about 12 years ago. You’ll just keep improving. Congrats on quitting the smokes too!!

1 Like

Awesome job! Isnt about the time, its about the effort you put in.

2 Likes

@JenLouiseLB
It is awesome you are doing it…period!!! Starting back at a fitness regimen takes time. Like you said, you’ve had other things on your plate. You did it the right way. Concentrate on being sober, feel stable, and then add on. I am sure you will be embarrassing all of us very soon!!! Strava is a good way to measure your progress; and a way to challenge yourself. Also, it is great that you are at 90 days and now quitting smoking as well!!!’ Happy run/walking!!!

2 Likes

I signed up for the Tour Of Watopia on Zwift. Registration is open now if you are interested.

We are supposed to get 9 inches of snow. The biking is going on pause for a few days…

3 Likes

[Removed by @System]

1 Like

I’ll check it out. I’m sure I still have plenty of indoor riding left this year.

Thanks guys, I appreciate y’all! :hugs:

I know it isn’t Strava but just smashed a 10k.
First run since the -37 temps and multiple feet of snow

3 Likes

Awesome job!

1 Like

Thanks bro.
This was the first run in about three or four weeks.

1 Like

Same boat. I’ve only run like 5 times in the last month and a half because of the wicked snow drifts. That and a baby who doesnt sleep.

1 Like

The fact you can find time is an accomplishment on it’s own. :grinning::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Great work!! I am impressed!! :running_man:
I am definitely not a runner and never have been. I always ended up with shin splints when I played baseball and football. Usually mid-season which meant playing through.

1 Like

Ok … I drug myself out of bed this morning and did a 45.5 mile bike ride. It was super windy, so I cut the ride a little short. Below are the results from Strava (burned 3,574 calories in total). I also had 2 Personal Records (PR) and one 2nd best. This definitely is what I needed today to take my mind off everything. Also, I will sleep like a baby tonight. Happy exercising y’all!!!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t consider myself a runner either. However I am slowly becoming one due to my only copping mechanism being working out, running, and bicycling.
#getsome

1 Like