The Strava thread

Great job!!!

Nice!!!
I’ve never ran in spikes. I just channel my inner native American and get it done. Lolol jking :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol. Im playing Assassin’s Creed 3 right now and picyure you jumping from treetop to treetop. Youre pretty BA!

Ok, I was whining when I went out for my morning bike ride and it was 45 F starting. It ended up at 65 F when I finished, but the windchill made it feel cooler. Ok, I need to up my badass-ness in some way? Maybe wear short-sleeves, no base layer, no hat?

Or when things suck you can just say “good”
#getsome

1 Like

Got in 16+ miles tonight and feel good. My speed is getting better too. I hope to get out again tomorrow. I found a loop that I like with plenty of segments for my ego

3 Likes

I got out and did my first climb up to the hiking trails. It’s finally light enough for me to see the trail without stumbling over rocks and tumbling down a steep and long hill.

After a month of only about 4 runs, my endurance is shot. 0.6 mile hill, over 300 ft elevation gain, maximum of a 33% grade at one point. I had to walk up a huge portion of it. Used to be able to do the whole thing non-stop at a good 9 min pace.

Hopefully will get that back.

2 Likes

You will, give yourself patience, a little determination and some time. Even a bad hike is better than shooting yourself in the foot.

2 Likes

Ok…I am starting to rack-up some miles in April on the bike :smile:
Nothing helps me forget my addiction like a good hard bike ride :bike:
33.4 miles this week on Monday and Tuesday alone (whole week to go)

1 Like

Ive been getting out more. Baby is sleeping better and the snow is gone. I even put away the beenie and have a proper hat that im wearing on my runs now. Even been able to get out onto the hills and desert.

@Mephistopheles You are right…this thread does need some love.
I have been killing myself on the bike to battle the cravings.
Works like a charm, but my body is tired.

3 Likes

Dang. Beast mode!

@Mephistopheles. Yes, I am training for a 72 mile ride on 4/27. The ride is to raise money for providing hot meals to elderly shut-ins that may not have the means to provide or cook for for themselves. The charity is called Meals on Wheels. So far I’ve raised $1000 dollars. Trying to get to $1500. :smile:

1 Like

My bike comes home tomorrow!

1 Like

Tune up? I’m going to ride to work tomorrow unless it’s raining when I wake up.

1 Like

tune up. new chain, new cable housing, new tubes!

1 Like

Oh perfect. You should be good for many miles!

I better be lol

1 Like

Got out there and got after it this morning.

2 Likes

Got after it.

2 Likes