The Strava thread

Maybe it would be for a month at a time. If I had it for a month and was able to create what I wanted, then I wouldn’t have a need for the premium again. Plus, overpriced.

Ive created a segment before without premium. Id have to look around on thw laptop to try and remember how though.

1 Like

Oh, definitely let me know if you figure out how to do that!

1 Like

@DungeonMaster
So, you can do it from a run/ride you already have done. You click on that activity and scoll down to the bottom of the segments. It will have a create a new segment tab on the left side.
It has to be an activity you’ve done though. You can’t create segments from other peoples activities.

1 Like

Is this on the app, or website?

Website. Cant seem to do it from the app, but i could be missing it.

I will check this out! Excited!

1 Like

Damn,
NOT worth the money.
My illusion is shattered!!!
(My illusion is shattered is now my go to analogy)

2 Likes

On the website. Can’t find where to do it.

Nm. Found it! Who needs Premium?

Premium update day 2. The heat maps are pretty cool I guess. I still haven’t experienced anything that I “need” to have

2 Likes

Okay, big shout out to @Jante76 for helping me out with this. Made my own segment today (premium-less). If you haven’t ran/rode a segment or used the app yet, a brief explanation for why they are cool. Segments are short legs of certain routes that one might ride/run. Doing a segment during one of your activities will produce better statistics for that piece of your activity. You can see the time it took you and your specific pace for the short leg.

A walkthrough on how to create one. On the webpage (not the app), go to your activities and select an activity that you did where you would like to create a segment. When you select it, there’s an option to edit it on the left. The menu button next to the edit button has a create a segment option. When you select it you can scale the segment to any portion of your activity. You can select to make the segment private or public.

Looking forward to trying out my new segment this Friday!

2 Likes

Yep, I dont think it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Segments were a big reason I thought I wanted it. Now that appears moot.

1 Like

On the bright side your money is going to support an app company that has brought us all joy.
That my friend is priceless

2 Likes

Oh, I will be cancelling it before I pay

1 Like

Yet another point moot haha

:rofl: I’m so on that boat with you!

Alright you crazy kids. How do we connect

2 Likes

My username is Derek English. Location is Syracuse. What’s your username?

Followed ya :+1:t3:

1 Like