The Strava thread

Hahaha. No, that would be fuckin sweet though!!!

1 Like

Roadrash 3 was the best. Iā€™d do the cheats, get the Diablo and go up the steepest hill, jump and see how long I could stay off the screen.

Put a little over 17 miles on the bike today. Plus worked a full day, went to a meeting and had dinner with a guy from the program. My ass is whooped.

Thanks @CaptAZ for the motivational talk yesterday!

3 Likes

I havent been able to do shit lately ive been so busy.
Hopefully tomorrow night i can get my ass on thw bike.

Congrats on the big miles @Englishd!!

Awesome job, Derek! Outoflikes

Daaaamn those numbers are getting up there bro!!!:muscle:

Okayā€¦so I have MapMyRun (but I donā€™t use it as often now that I have my Fitbit that has GPS)ā€¦but what is Strava?

Itā€™s like mapmyrun, but better. Designed for running and cycling.

Havenā€™t been on this forum for a while. Life has been busy but just saw this thread and Iā€™m active on strava. I will have to look some of you up.
Iā€™m Denise Doucette on strava app

4 Likes

Welcome! Glad youā€™re joining us! I added you on Strava.

1 Like

@Dee I live right down the road in Syracuse!

1 Like

I saw that! I used to work in Syracuse. Iā€™m there occasionally to shopā€¦lol. Iā€™ve also run the Syracuse Half.

1 Like

Thatā€™s my goal for this year!!! My mom ran the full a few years back. Most of my ā€œrunsā€ on Strava are walks. I just got my new shoes broken in so the running will increase. Are you from upstate originally?

1 Like

Iā€™ve run Syracuse twice and already registered for this yearā€™s. Iā€™m slow and often a run/walk. Iā€™m out there doing it and thatā€™s what matters. I do the Utica Boilermaker too. This year will be my 7th.
Right now im also training for the Ride for Missing Children.
Iā€™ve been in upstate since '79. My father was military & we got transferred here. I stayed.

2 Likes

I followed you back.

1 Like

I saw! So, you do lots of halves? I used to run a half every Saturday, just on my own. Iā€™ve done several organized ones as well. 1 marathon. Portland Marathon. Wasnā€™t trained very well and felt like I was going to die. Will do more long distance runs in the future, when I have more time. 4 small boys at home and one on the way. No time for training, unfortunately. :expressionless:

Lots of halves? Oh, hell no. This one will be my 4th. I didnā€™t start running until I was 47. There will be no full for me. I leave that to my daughter and friends. The Utica Boilermaker is a very famous 15K. I did my first one in 2011 and each year since.
God Bkess you with almost 5 small ones. Mine are grown. Two out of the house and the youngest is 17 and d orient care that Iā€™m either running or cycling every evening. She doesnā€™t join me, but doesnā€™t care. Lol

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to do more. Just in the future. Looking forward to seeing your activity on the app though!

1 Like

Yikes, excuse all those typos.
Look forward to yours as well.

1 Like

Went for a run. Pulled my calf pretty bad. Ate a pint of ice cream. The addicts guide to exerciseā€¦

2 Likes