The Strava thread

Ice 20 minutes on, 40 minutes off. Repeat 6x to get the inflammation out. Do pain free stretching, massage and compress it, if you can. After 24 hours soak in Epsom salt bath.

2 Likes

Would be nice to do all that, but in reality it was limp a mile home. Eat ice cream. Now sleep. Get up for a two mile bike ride at 730 am and work a full day moving furniture up and down stairs added to carrying and throwing heavy ass garbage bags. After work itā€™s 3 more bike miles to a meeting.

2 Likes

Well, if you canā€™t make time for yourself, I guess you live with the consequences. :frowning:

I have a very high pain tolerance and an even higher stubbornness. This is the same guy who refused to go to the doctor when I broke my ankle in February and contuined to walk miles dailyā€¦ I know you medical types are always looking for new patients, but youā€™ll never catch me hehehe

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You go right ahead and walk yourself into the ground. Iā€™m okay with it.

Took me some time to accept that my patients will either want to be fixed or they wonā€™t.

1 Like

At least I save doctors the trouble of having another patient not listen to them. When I was lawyering my favorite clients were the ones I never had.

1 Like

Haha! I enjoy working on people. Even if they donā€™t want it.

Btw, @Englishd and @DungeonMaster in case u guys hadnt figured it out already Iā€™m the random add u got last night. D, I took ur and stevieā€™s advice and started walking after the withdraws eased off a bit and Iā€™d been using mapmyrun but I keep seeing big discrepancies bw it and samsung health so I finally downloaded strava last night. Tried to import some stuff from mmr but the abominations that went through are way off and the maps make it look like Iā€™ve been creeping through peopleā€™s back yards lol

4 Likes

I figured it was someone from the thread. Yeah, unfortunately GPS is never perfectly accurate. Especially Samsung Health! If it auto-tracks your walking/runs, it is horrible. Iā€™ll run 5 miles, but it will only account for 3 1/2. It works just fine if you record the run with GPS on SH, but Iā€™m already using Strava and NikeRunning. Thatā€™d be one too many.

Strava does link to Samsung Health though. It should automatically save your activity and load it on the step counter. It wonā€™t double count either.

Yeah, thatā€™s the issue with s health, itā€™s always off by miles lol, and since I linked mmr it double counts everything.

I havenā€™t had it double count for Strava.

Cool, I do like s health tho, have been using it to track calorie intake and water/caffeine consumptionā€¦glad to know itā€™ll link w strava and not double count cuz that was getting annoying. Im using the weight management setting on s health and trying to stay under even what it suggests for calorie intake in a day to lose weight and I kept getting messages from it saying I was 2000 or more calories under what my daily intake should be lol

2 Likes

Thatā€™s strange. Iā€™ve used S Health to track calories before. I think I like Calorie Counter: My Fitness Pal better. MFP links to Strava as well. I think you get better statistics with MFP than with S Health.

Cool, Iā€™ll hafta check that out too, im a sucker for a better app lol. I hadnt ever really paid much attention to what I ate cuz I never ate much, most of my calories came from a can, but i knew when I quit drinking Iā€™d lose weight so I figured along with exercising more Iā€™d track my diet too. Then I got a new phone and s health was on it ready to go so Iā€™ve just been rolling with it.

1 Like

Some sumbitch stole my kom by 4 sec yesterday. I thought id try to get it back tonight, but failed. I was a sec short of tying him. Its only a 39 sec kom on a flat little section, so its a hard one for me to get, but f that dude, im going to get it back.

3 Likes

Iā€™m trying to find a seldomly used segment to get KOM. I think I got fourth on one recently, but was still pretty far away from the top

1 Like

Iā€™ve loved in areas where I could dominate segments. Now there are a bunch of elite runners around here that smash my times.

Yeah, im definitely not one of the faster giys around here, but I usually know most of the elite racers and i dont know who this guy is. I only had 3 koms, and now 2. But all of them are pretty easily beatable, except for my 1 sprint komā€¦but it is what it is.
Im just curious who the guy is, so ill ask a riding buddy who apparently knows him.

1 Like

First; you broke your ankle and continued to walk on it!! Your an animal Rock!!

Second; what kind of ice cream? ( Because my inner fatty I starve on a regular basis is dying to know :rofl::wink:)

Moose tracks. I wanted the unhealthiest stuff I can find

1 Like