The struggle is real 2.0

I’m on day 3.5 and this is hard. I’m tired, cranky, and can’t stop thinking about wine.

5 Likes

The struggle is real, but remember you are better than your addiction. Remind yourself of why you wanted to stop and the consequences of that first drink. It will get better trust me.

1 Like

Welcome and congrats on making the best decision. Keeping busy was key for me in those early days. I made a list of all the reasons why I started this journey and referred back to it very often. It’s really hard but well worth it. Stay strong and remember you’ll never have to go through this again. Drink plenty of water and take it hour by hour until your head hits that pillow sober.

1 Like

Start reading the “unpickled” blog from the beginning when she decided to quit drinking. You’ll relate to a lot of it. Every time I get the urge for a glass of wine I reread it and I realize I don’t want to go back there.

1 Like

It’s hard the first days, we all here where there ones :pensive:
But push trough. If you play your cards right you never have to go trough this again. Every day sober you will become stronger and you will feel better.
What has helped me in the beginning where long walks in nature. If I couldn’t go out I bingewatched Netflix ore listened to recovery podcasts like “Recovery elevator”
Keep us posted and hang in there! :facepunch:

1 Like

Go to a meeting, call someone, pray(to a higher power you choose), meditate. Find meticulous tasks to keep your hands busy like cleaning house or organizing items. Journaling also helps. A stillness meditation helped me alot in the first week. Focus on breathing in for 5 seconds hold for 3 out for 5. Keeping that rythm look at your fingers and try to feel the inside of them and sense that sensation, slowly span that focus to your entire body and just listen to your envuroment. If your mind starts to drift. Slowly start counting to bring it back to your breathing. It will keep your mind busy enough to silence even for just a moment

1 Like

Sure is early on, sure is for the first couple months, sure can be for the first year.

It ain’t easy, but I think it’s worth it. Every facet of life has improved, every single one.

Don’t pick up no matter what.

1 Like

Yup, almost 6 months and mentally & physically I feel so much better. I don’t miss that vicious cycle for a minute!

1 Like

How are you doing, Holly?