The ultimate gift of recovery

My other boy is 4 1/2 now. And yes! It is pretty special being sober this time around. Just being present is the best feeling in the world. Even tho there’s really not much I can do for that little guy right now as I don’t have boobs with milk in them. I still get to be around and see the miracle happening.

It wasn’t like that with my first kid. While my wife was pregnant with him that was when I really started drinking hard. That’s when I started drinking in the morning and at work. By the time he came out I was a heavy drinker. More than ever before.

It wasn’t like that this time around. Thank god! This time I get to be here for everything. Not down in the garage drinking and feeling sorry for myself

2 Likes

That’s great. It must make a world of difference to the whole family, having you there , enjoying the experience together.

I think it was a bit of both. I was of course already an alcoholic. And I of course blamed my drinking and using of that time on all the “pressure” on me from the coming baby. Which was bullshit. I just wanted sympathy for poor Gabe. It wasn’t the pressure as much as I was an alcoholic.
Hindsight is 20/20 I guess :slight_smile:

2 Likes