Things aren’t good

Guys I’m so low …it’s been a long time since I’ve felt suicidal and it’s hitting me really hard right now. I feel so worthless. I feel like I have no point to my life. I’m in such a horrible position. I’m so scared myself right now. I just want this to stop:(

7 Likes

Hi @Denney I’m so sorry to hear this my friend. I struggle with depression and had suicidal ideation for most my life. It’s mostly gone now, but a recent life event hit me hard, just like you descirbe, and I spent my last weeks in that dark place. I felt very suicidal, looked at my knives funny, cried and hated myself - but I didn’t lose hope. By now I know, it comes and goes.
It is paramount you repeat this to yourself dear: what you are going through is NOT REALITY. it is your emotional reaction to something. And the way you react, because healthier, more appropriate, more balanced ways to compute this haven’t taken sufficient hold yet, is to feel the way you do. It does not mean that you are worthless or deserve pain or to die. It doesn’t. Your mind creates these thoughts to distract from the pain and difficulty you are having. Do not believe yourself when you are low and having these thoughts. Acknowledge them, let them be, try and be kind to yourself. Eat as much as you like and whatever you like. Some light exercise or stretching does wonders for me on my bad days. Looking after my plants, my house, playing with my dogs. Making sure my environment is clean and liveable. I try and do the kinds of things I normally do, and if I manage 10%, that’s enough.

Do you know what is going on in your life that is causing you to spiral? Whatever it is, there are people here who know exactly what it feels like. You are not alone. :heart: Stay there, don’t do anything to yourself, one hour at a time.

4 Likes

I’ve been there many times, even recently. The fact that you came here to this community to let us know how you are feeling is a good thing. You are not worthless or horrible, those are just lies we tell ourselves when we forget that there is a huge difference between guilt and shame. Please keep reaching out. Sending out all positive energy and love to you.

4 Likes

It is completely OK to feel this way, I often feel like this too.

You’re not alone. :kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

There is help for you please call the suicide hotline! 800-273-8255. I lost my brother to suicide and it hurt myself and family that we couldn’t help him. And the suicide hotline was not available. Please please reach out for help! You matter! You matter in this world and don’t ever think differently!

3 Likes

I’ve felt the same feelings so many times over the years. Depression puts up those walls so high that it blocks out all the positive in our lives. Just remember your worthy and loved. This will pass. Pray! Don’t let this darkness steal anymore of your thoughts. If you haven’t heard this today let me say WE LOVE YOU! Hugs my friend and we are all here trying to help each other in this crazy world. We can make it :heart:

4 Likes

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to this…you have no idea how much you helped me when I was in a dark place…I’m okay…I just found out I’m pregnant and it’s changed so much already

1 Like

Thank you so so much…thank you for taking the time out of your day to reply…and I’m saying this to everyone but I mean this individually… so much…I just found out I’m pregnant I’m doing so good…

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking your time to reply…I just found out I’m pregnant and I’m so glad I lived to discover that…and I can’t wait to see how my future unfolds…

1 Like

Thank you​:heart::heart:

1 Like

Thank you…really thank you…I just found out I was pregnant and I’m so greatful you guys took the time out of your days to reply to me and remind me how special and important life is…

1 Like