Things you can afford sober

So my transmission died over the weekend in my '04 Chrysler town and country. Today was a surprise.

So my husband got his bonus check and told me i could come get it. He also texted saying my car was ready and they even washed it for me. Ok, cool. So i ask him if he wants me to park my moms truck in the back (where i would find my van) so its not in the way until he can take it back to her house. He tells me to just park in the sold for delivery spot. He then said he’s with a customer so his check is on his desk.

I get there and i get out to run in flr his check, so i left our girls in the truck running. As i go to the door i notice the grille at the door is an older model Nissan that they actually don’t make new anymore. I wasn’t really thinking about it tho. I also saw one of the sales guys walk by then turn around. I prepared myself to tell him i don’t need help because my husband works there. Well i didn’t need to. I opened the door and pretty much all of sales and finance were there and yelled surprise. Instead of fixing the trans (the car had low mileage but is aged so who knows what else it would need) he traded it in and got me a fancy 2015 Nissan Quest. They hunted the area for one for me!

If i was still drinking, one he wouldn’t buy me something like this. And second we wouldn’t be able to afford it. Now sober we can and he has a 2018 versa.

22 Likes

Awww yay!!! That’s amazing! I L.O.V.E. my minivan-her name is Bertha, I hope you will love yours too! :heart_eyes:

I had an '04 town and country before. I love having a van now. Which i hated them when i was younger but they are so amazing with 4 kids.

1 Like

Sweet! That’s some good news! Amazing what’s possible when we’re not using.

I can finally afford to put more than $5 in the gas tank lol.

2 Likes

Amazing!! Awesome job

I love being able to fit anything any time, I have put a stove and washing machine in mine lol. Great for camping, dogs, kids, beach trips, holidays so my mom doesn’t have to drive too-love it!!

1 Like

I love being able to buy anything (within reason) that I want, for may garage dojo. New punching bag? Order it. More kettlebells? Run to the store and get them. Nice new professional mma gloves? Yep.

3 Likes

Isn’t having a full (fuller) thank of gas the best lol

1 Like

Love that feeling when driving a new(er) car. Every time you drive it, think that you are driving your sobriety. Enjoy!

1 Like

What a great story!!! Congratulations!! :balloon: :heart: