This f#%#n sucks

It’s super late (4:18am) & I haven’t slept but it’s cause I don’t feel good tonight. It’s like these past few weeks have been hell all of a sudden & I don’t know how I’m feeling rn. Doesn’t make much sense I know.
I’m on day 120 & now I get it when they say they’re getting that “itch” or whatever you wanna call it. The cravings are real as fuck…
The last thing I wanna do is relapse because I have court soon but I feel it coming. My boyfriends asleep so I have no one to talk to about this & I’m just so frustrated with myself, I kinda wanna cry

Hi! I’m just on day 2 so I don’t have any good advice. But 120 days is amazing! You should be proud of it! Be strong. You are not alone :wink:

2 Likes

Stay true to what you are doing,this is worth it. Yes,these are real trials that you go through and sometimes they come out of nowhere. I had one this weekend,the hard part lasted a couple hours. There are plenty of relapse stories on here,read some of those,shows you what you don’t want. Stay strong @maria_benavides,you can handle this.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean… I’m 30 days and it just gets harder…, i can’t stand how everyone else can just simply talk about it like it’s normal… Hell, it triggers like a repeated beeping noise in my head and Im afraid every time that imma relapse. My ole man just messed up 2 days ago because he chooses to keep putting us around these other addicts… Its a bad decision altogether but… If you ever need somebody to talk to… Just Inbox me. I could use a sober friend too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Relapsing only makes the addiction worse, I drink and smoked all my life basically. I relapse many times, I done 5 months and 7 months clean but then I relapse. My disease only makes me feel more sick, best advice I can give is don’t relapse is not worth it. Is just more rock bottoms waiting to happen in my case.

3 Likes

“if you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime”. That’s a true statement and easier said than done, I know. Good job on staying sober so long so far. Today marks my 65th day since my last beer, and this past weekend I wouldn’t say I had a craving, but I had the weekend alone, wife and kids were at her mom’s, and I had a thought or two while I was out for a ride about how I could get thoroughly trashed later that evening. That was my previous routine. I truly didn’t WANT a drink, but had a feeling of “might as well”. I just reminded myself that it would only be temporary, the morning would SUCK, and how would it truly benefit me in the long run? It wouldn’t. One thing to remember is that we always have a choice.

1 Like

Thank you everyone! Yeah last night was not fun for me but I’m still sober so that’s good right :sweat_smile: waking up to your feedback actually felt good so I appreciate all your advice, much love

5 Likes

I know what it’s like to feel the relapse coming. I don’t know what your DOC is but it’s all the same! Stay strong

1 Like

It’s alcohol,mostly beer but whatever it is once I start I don’t stop. You can tell when it’s going to mess with you. Best to you.

1 Like

I screenshotted this if that’s okay, I wanna keep this as a reminder, thank you

1 Like