This is going to be my first Christmas alcohol free

This years going to be the first alcohol free Christmas I will have had since I was 15. Wow how mad is that, am I sad or what to think that all I associated to was the brilliant excuse that I could drink at 10.00 am with out anyone frowning upon me. I know if I can do this and then a 2 week holiday abroad alcohol free. I’ll never have that poison again, but first’s first let’s get Christmas out of the way. Sorry if it sounds a boring blog, but I’m trying to put down my thoughts with a hope someone may have some kind of words of goodness on the next stage of my journey

5 Likes

Hi Michael! I had to go out and Google if it was Christmas somewhere today. As we are having Thanksgiving today, Christmas is still looking pretty far away to me.

Where are to traveling to?

2 Likes

Hi lol, yer its next month I know but I’m trying to get some tool and inspiration on how to approach it :roll_eyes:. I’ll be going to tenerife and never had a vacation alcohol free. I always said I would never go away if I couldn’t drink there’s no point. So this is the big test

It looks beautiful and definitely like a place I’d like to enjoy sober. :blush:

“Oh and happy thanks giving earnlt”

1 Like

It is beautiful and the climate is good all year round so good to get away from this miserable english winter weather

Um, I live in Nebraska. I am pretty sure I have you beat on miserable weather. :cold_face:

1 Like

I’d love for it to snow for Christmas just once, but instead all we get is damp wet miserable days.

Lots of snow here!!! I live in ottawa!!! I was sober for christmas last year!! And i struggled but did it…i found new year to be harder… but i stayed positive! Peoples around me did not drink because of the lack of respect they had! I focused on good things with my child… im hoping this year to find more inpiration for christmas… 2020 as not been the best. Im sending you all my positive vibes! Wishing you the best.

1 Like

Hi Judy, hope your feeling ok. I can see you already got snow I’m so jealous. I never thought I would ever consider not drinking around Christmas and new year. But I’m determined that I’m going to crack it. I’ve waited so many years to alchol, but I’m determined to get me back. And thank you for your support. I’m hoping that you can get through this time also love :pray::heart:

2 Likes

Hey Micky. I was about 6 weeks sober for my first Christmas. All you have to do is have a solid plan in place mate. And don’t deviate. Especially if you are going abroad.
That’s not something I would have even thought about doing in the first few months of sobriety.
There’s plenty of topics in here about what to do, plans to make.
Just don’t forget you have made a choice and nothing and no one can take that away from you.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Hi geo, I’ve never felt more focused mate, I feel like I have this. But I know how easy it is to get complacent. So I’m trying to organize every day from the moment I get up. I actually look forward to going to bed because I know that I have conquered another day :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I BELIEVE IN YOU x

1 Like

That’s the attitude bud! Well done.

Cheers kidda :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I remember my first sober Christmas. I was right at my 6 months sober mark and going through a rough patch of do I really want to stay sober forever or can I just drink like a normal person.
All day I just kept having those awful thoughts. I pushed through the day with my plan in place to not drink.
I was so glad I did. I got to enjoy my day with my family. Like really enjoy it. I got to see the kids super excited about the gifts. Got to help in the kitchen. We listened to music and danced. Played card and board games together.
If I had drank that morning I would have sat in the chair all day and missed the magic of the day like I did for so many years. Would have drank and slept off and on.

3 Likes

This will also be my first Christmas AF. Probably since I was 15 as well. This will also be my first Thanksgiving AF. And I’m looking forward to it. Instead of looking forward to bloody Mary’s and Mimosas to start my day. How pathetic I was starting off the Holiday mornings with Bloody Mary’s and mimosas because I thought I had a “hall pass” to drink early in the morning.
Sober Holidays equals great Holidays.
:pray:t2::heart:

I think that is going to be super hard for me. I am currently on day five and quarantined due to coming into contact with a friend who tested positive, so I’m also alone on Thanksgiving. Thankfully there is no booze in the apartment! Just coffee and tea and water for me. Good luck with your sober Christmas! We got this!

2 Likes

And that’s the inspiration I’m looking for Jessi :heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like