This is it now

I believe so. I thought it was bc I live in that timezone but the hosts are from all over the country and use the EST times.

1 Like

Right?! I was just on for an hour while I was doing my makeup and eating lunch. Which is awesome bc obviously you cant do that at real meetings. My local aa zoom meetings have certain times I’m not able to make so it’s nice to have that option. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Keep coming back!

1 Like

SMART Zoom meetings help on the weekends. But right now you should start planning what you want to accomplish this weekend. I know it’s heard because of home restrictions, depending on your State orders, but it helps to have some sort of plan to stay sober this weekend.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your advice defo gona put it to good use this weekend and hopefully next Monday I’ll be saying I did my first weekend sober! :innocent: wish me luck :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Change. Change people, places, and things. Don’t hang out with the people with whom you drink. Don’t go places where you drink.

If you sit home drinking on the weekend, it’s likely boredom. Go hiking. Take your camera and take pictures. Post them here and tell us what a wonderful, sober time you’ve had.

Set a goal, like running a half marathon, or reading every book by your favorite author, and work towards this goal. Make a menu of fabulously exotic foods, or an intriguing style of cooking, and set about mastering it.

Sobriety is about intentionality. Becoming an intentional person helps you to stay sober, because you won’t drink, if you don’t drink. It’s about saying “no’” to the drink that matters…the first drink, and meaning it.

3 Likes

Welcome back. All I have to say is you can do it just take it one day at a time. That means just worry about staying sober today, not tomorrow or the next day those days will come. Face the challenge head on today, you got this!

1 Like

I was exactly the same but I just got to a point where I don’t feel in control no more so it’s time to take control
I been keeping myself busy
Find things to do plus think to yourself I wanna sleep good this weekend wake up fresh no hangover
Good luck babes you got this

1 Like

Again thanks so much for the advice defo gona make sure I have a plan in place and hopefully itl work our well!

Best wishes, keep comin back

My experience is that I couldn’t stay sober without AA and the fellowship , I’ve tried doing it on my own for so long and couldn’t get passed a month , now I’m proud to say I’m 7 months sober with no urges. Honestly , it’s war out there and like any war …one soldier can’t do it alone , you need the support and help of people that understand. So definitely get into a meeting …meet people , find a sponsor… it’s not easy at first, but I promise you it gets easier one day at a time if you got the right people around you . And keep coming on here , alot of good caring people on this app

2 Likes