This is me Sandra

My name is sandra and i have been in denial for far too long and played with fire too long as of Friday at 3am was my last drink my car got impounded for 30 days and my license got taken from me :disappointed: im grateful to wake up this morning with my granddaughter beside me. That night was a lesson learned and since then alot of looking inside of me what i need to do. 1st was to admit that i was powerless and that i wasnt a functioning alcoholic. Something needs to change i lost my licence and i need that for my jobs … now what??? Anyways thanks for the read ill take this 24

10 Likes

Welcome. I am happy you found your way here, from what may appear to you to be your rock bottom. I hope you will stay, learn, share, heal and grow.

The thing about bottoms is we can choose a bottom, before a lower bottom chooses us. You can choose this to be your bottom when it comes to alcohol, and never have to feel this way again. Or, you can after navigating through the fallout, choose “maybe just one. I can have just one”, without understanding that this is where the trip to the next bottom begins.

Choose well.

5 Likes

Welcome :hugs:

Glad you’re here to start a new life, sometimes in life you need to loose something to regain, one day at a time you can regain your life in a better way :heart_hands:

2 Likes

Thank you & yes that is my bottom and for years ive always lied to myself that i controlled the alcohol … but i kept pushing my limit. I know now that i cannot just have one as i put myself and others in danger. I dont want to beat myself up continuously i cant change what happened but i can change what happens now and for this 24 hrs i chose to not say “i need a 6 pack” and give myself excuses and reasoning. I acknowledge what i have been in denial with and that is i am powerless over alcohol.

5 Likes

Welcome Sandra! :blush:

I found my rock bottom after drinking during lunch and crashing my car on my way back to work. Lost my license, car and eventually my job. Thankfully, I didn’t kill anyone. I immediately got myself into an intensive outpatient program, followed by AA.

You’re right, we can’t change the past. Instead, I used it as motivation for my future. I wasn’t happy where I worked anyway and it turned into a great opportunity to change career paths.

It’s been almost 4 years since that incident and I can honestly say my life is extremely better.

We do this together, one day at a time.
Looking forward to taking this journey with you.

6 Likes

Oh, you’re in the right place! Welcome, I hope you find the inspiration and examples that help you stay sober. There is a lot here, and I’m sure you, too, have a lot to offer us.

3 Likes

Welcome! Many people start to grow upwards again from a rock bottom. Lisa has already shared her similar story. From your talk of ‘powerlessness’ it sounds like you have already tasted AA? A program, be it AA, Smart, Recovery Dharma, often gives the structure and support we need. Give a program your best shot.

4 Likes

Yes i have been in and out of AA & different groups since i was teen. I really want this it will be a struggle many rewiring of my thoughts & coping mechanisms. For the last 7ish years ive told myself that i didnt need AA that i could do this on my own as i made myself believe, as i was increasing my drinking habits, that i can show alcohol that i control it and there were times where “ive let loose” and told myself i deserve it. Well this was the alcohol overpowering me slowly as i played dangerously with it. I spent 1500 in one to two nights just few weeks back which now im in debt due to that stupidness i played it off… also since i was a kid ive struggled with ulcers and that has been flaring up too and then now this. I take an innerlook all the time analyze my actions emotions. Quite apparent i am powerless this is my bottom i am on my knees i cannot get any lower or i will not survive. I chose my life my sobriety my kids my granddaughter i choose me

1 Like