This is my first relapse

I knew I was making a bad decision but I did it anyway :frowning: and i was off the pills for a grand total of like…10 days. I’m still not drinking, so I like that and that’s cool, i just need to get through this next few hours okay ><

1 Like

This is what happens when I don’t come here daily D:

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m gonna get dressed, get some water (or tea) and keep myself occupied until this thing passes. I just super needed some acknowledgement.

3 Likes

Great that you are off the booze. Keep up the good work. Every day sober is a great accomplishment !

2 Likes

@branchantlers you are stronger than your addiction. Congrats on syaying away from the alcohol. What made you relapse? What can you do if you feel that way again? I keep busy, clean cook go to meeting. Search the web. Those screw it thoughts are your addiction. It’s only temporary, move through it. You’ll be glad you did. Keep coming back

2 Likes

I find myself saying in my head let’s go get a drink. This day or any day I’m feeling off or fuck it you can handle one shot of Tequila and a beer. I know that’s a lie. I’ll be off to the races. I enjoyed drinking, but not the after affect. So I acknowledge how I feel and tell myself the truth. I can’t have just one drink, not just one. I want to drink it all, go get more and drink all of that. Wake up and start all over. So I play the tape /video all the way to the end. I don’t want to be a practicing alcoholic. I want to always be a grateful recovering, in recovery alcoholic. Sobriety is good, but life does keep happening. I’m 52yrs. and 1 year 2 months sober. Stay strong and do something healthy.

7 Likes

I like that metaphor, playing the tape all the way to the end. It’s what I do constantly as well to check myself when I’m feeling those thoughts creep into my head about just being able to have one. Nope. Won’t happen.

Congrats on being sober for over a year! I’m almost to a month. I’m happy on this road.

3 Likes

I got through it alright, and I’ll be honest y’all: it was a learning opportunity that I needed. I felt so terrible having used and having to hide being fucked up, but I got through it and I SO do not want to have to hit that reset button again.

Oh for the one of y’all who asked what made me relapse: it was a disagreement with my partner. I need to keep in mind that using does NOT make the bad feelings disappear, nor does it solve relationship issues.

3 Likes

Courage my friend! And keep the good fight. I am 18 days sober and at the moment I am still sober because I still remember the pain of the last relapse