This is the point where I last relapsed

Day 21. I feel really good today. I don’t miss drinking. I don’t want to drink. Drinking was a way to cope with depression, loneliness, and boredom, things I’m not feeling today.

I’ve done a lot of hard work on myself in the last couple years. Long overdue. Not letting my guard down but not questioning the way I feel either. Time to live.

Time to plan out my weekend too. Haha.

16 Likes

Hope you are having a great sober Day 22!

4 Likes

Hope you’ve taken the path less travelled.

1 Like

Way to go Brad! The first couple of weeks are hard because it’s so easy to turn back to old habits, but if you keep going, you will get to a point where it’s more excitng to explore life sober. I think for me it was around 3 or 4 weeks, I stoped sitting idle and started exploring new ways to fill my time, and that’s when sobriety really started to take hold.

Keep it up, one foot in front of the other, one day at a time!

1 Like

Keep it up mate, am not far behind you, am on day 20. Stay strong.

Why yes I am :slight_smile: looking forward to 23

2 Likes

I am going through that stage too. The almost relapse stage. I have been away from alcohol for 39 days now. The urge is strong. The temptation. The reward for staying absinent so long. Just a few drinks won’t harm me I tell myself.

The longest I have ever been away from alcohol is 53 days. So lets see if I can beat that record this time.

2 Likes

Seems like you’re just refraining from drinking. Have you thought of other things to do.
Keep telling yourself that you don’t drink. Your not a drinker anymore.
If you don’t change nothing is going to change.
It would be a shame if you did all this hard work and you relapsed
39 days is solid work mate.:grinning:

2 Likes

Well not to tell a sob story but I went about 140 last year and rewarded myself for starting over in a new city.

I regret every bit of it.

There’s no maybe. You will regret it.

2 Likes

Absofuckinglutely. Once you get a belly full of sobriety it’s hard to enjoy the relapse.

2 Likes