This my first day tryin get clean my father passed away 3 weeks ago and I realapsed very hard

I dunno what to say I looking for help or some1 going through same thing maybe could keep one another clean I dunno I just want to get BK clean

8 Likes

Welcome! This is a great first step. Loads of info here.

1 Like

Hey welcome!! Sorry about your loss. Hang in there. It gets better with time…feel free to hmu any time on here. My name is Jay. :facepunch:

2 Likes

Welcome to our awesome community. I’m so sorry for your loss. You need to allow yourself to feel all those feelings and grieve the loss. Today is the anniversary of my mom’s death and I never grieved due to my drinking and drugging. I can tell you that it hit me so f**king hard today so I know what you’re going thru. Stay strong. Sending you big hugs. :hugs: :heart:

5 Likes

I’m sorry for your lost and and I’m totally here if you need to talk. Proud of you for reaching out, stay strong :metal:t2::sunglasses:

I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad. I have lost all my parents (mum, dad and step dad) and I know the pain well. I drank for many years more and more the more loss I had. It only repressed the grieving. I’m so glad you have chosen to not continue using/drinking to deal with your loss, I only wish I’d of been as strong as you stopping and knowing that that wasn’t the way. Please keep coming here, the folks here are truly amazing! Reach out anytime, there is always someone around. I wish you well and look forward to following your journey my friend :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Buried my twin brother Frank yesterday didnt feel that drink would help at the church was my friends ive meet at meetings some were new some were from decades ago i got a good network around me , its important to get a good foundation so when theses sad times happen which will in everyones life you can turn to for help wish you well

4 Likes

I’m trying to stop but I can’t get strength everyday I tell myself tomorrow :cry:

I suggest you consider AA meetings. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. None of us were able to quit on our own. This is a “we” program.

Iv got my first day done I’m shaking but IV got it done

1 Like

I obviously don’t know your father but I’m sorry. Just try and think of how your father would want you to live your life after he is gone. I’m sure he’d want you to live a sober and healthy lifestyle. Be blessed.

i’m sorry to hear, hope. my father passed away so i can totally understand the pain you’re going through. :heart: