This Shit Is Hard

I found out last week that my twin sister has stage 4 lung cancer. I’m 5 days shy from being 4 months sober. God please grant me the strength to get through this sober :pray:

24 Likes

Prayers to you and her.

Be there for her, not a bottle.

4 Likes

I am so sorry to read this. My prayers are will all of you. Congratulations on 4 months. I just celebrated 4 months last Friday. Nothing and I mean nothing is worth a drink today. It might be ok the first or second time but eventually it will always catch up to me. I hope you find the strength to get through this sober. :pray::pray::pray:

3 Likes

Yes I’m definitely there for her, and I plan not to be there for a bottle. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you, and congrats to you as well! I appreciate your prayers! You are so right it’s not worth a drink!

2 Likes

I can think of lots of bad reasons to drink, but not one good one. Hugs to you & yours.

2 Likes

Do it for your sister. Show her how strong you are so she can be just as strong for herself right along side you. :heart:

1 Like

Yes I will be strong for me and for her. Thank you :heart:

Thank you!

I’m so sorry about your sister. Stay sober and support her.

3 Likes

Prayers for her and you :heart:

1 Like

I will. Thank you!

Yes it is! Thank you!

Thank you!

1 Like

As long as I understand . I need help when .I think it’s ok .To think I can RISK drinking. It hasn’t killed me yet,??

1 Like

I am sorry to hear about your sister. I hope you have an opportunity to spend some time with her and love her up. I am glad your strength and love will help guide you this time sober and present. :heart:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your sister. I’m praying for you all :pensive::pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Praying for you and your family.
Hold on to Him don’t let anything pull you from Him. You can do this. I know it’s hard but you will feel better about it when you can look back and know that you kept your sobriety through such difficult times.

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear this. I know it is hard, but you can do this.

1 Like

I am sorry I do not understand what you mean :slightly_smiling_face: