Those "screw it" moments

Bummed out about resetting recently just lead me to another. It didn’t help that by the time I recognized a problem I was too far gone, so my brain went “screw it” and I’m upset with that. I’m not going to kick this is I just give up all the time.

2 Likes

You should see my reset history! I had those same thoughts before. If you want this bad enough it will be yours. :slight_smile: be kind to yourself today

4 Likes

Yep those ‘screw it’ moments get me everytime too.

2 Likes

Those screw it moments are just that. A moment. The can and will pass in a moment if you do something about it. Call someone. Come here. Go jump in a lake. Anything but drink.

I heard once that as alcoholics we are not responsible for that first thought of a drink. I mean cmon, we are a bunch of drunks. Of course the thought of a drink is going to come. What we ARE responsible for is the second thought. That’s when we DECIDE if we will drink or not that’s when we have complete control of our outcome.

If you say, well I thought of a drink so I might as well drink then you will do just that. Drink

10 Likes

Good post @Gabe.G. I heard it this way. If you are an alcoholic, your first thought/reaction is always wrong.

2 Likes

Great way to look at it. Recognising it for what it is and taking control of the situation with your decisions.

Since i go to concerts almost weekly now, i have those thoughts running through my head constantly. Seeing everyone drinking and having a good time, wondering why they can drink themselves dumb on a Monday night and still be able to go to work the next day… But then i think to myself, “wtf am i thinking? I’m not those people, nor will i ever be those people.”

What im trying to get at is pretty much what @Gabe.G said, those screw it moments are just moments, let the thought sit with you for 8-10 seconds and then move on. Keep doing that and you will reinforce your ability to say no to that terrible, terrible idea.

1 Like