Thought work would help

Honestly, went back to work on monday and I knew it would help me alot, which is did. But at the same time its not, Ive been going snowboarding alot latley, went today too. To help with the stress and what not, it all seems like it goes smoothly now for the weekday with me being back at work, but this weekend im just super bummed.

I want to go out have fun, I want to go out and meet and talk to people I havent talked to for over a month, but I know going out you meet alot of trashy people. I’ve came to that conclusion.

I dont know what exactly can help me anymore with me being down on a weekend. Sober living is great, not a sip of alcohol or a line of coke for over 35 days now but these dumb bummed out thoughts just get to me.

I feel like Im missing in meeting the love of my life by not going out, but I am going out and going snowboarding and what not but I know I wont get to meet anyone really there very low chance, but its possible ive heard crazier meet up stories.

Video games dont help really with the thoughts, neither does going out and going for a run or walk, and if I had a bike id hop on that bitch and go over 160 MPH on a bummed out feeling because I have no care when I have the thoughts. I’ve done that many times, ride like a dumbass super fast on shit thoughts. I dont know if thats considered suicidal or not, I have personally never classified it as so…

I really feel like I just need someone in my damn life to complete me. I had a couple doctors tell me thats what I need in my life, but I’m only 22 (23 this spring) and it seems like life is going on forever. I had what I wanted last year but she left to go with a heavy drug user.

Whats your advice on coping with this shit?

Chill!
Seriously Damian. As you said your early 20’s bud. Your doing good with 35 days under your belt, so just concentrate on that. It great that you are getting out boarding again, doing something you love, but on everything else…just chill. And, seriously, it’s not good for the health doing that kind of speed on a bike​:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Best way to get out my own head is to be of service to others. The more I focus on others, the less I focus on myself. The less I focus on myself, the happier I become.

4 Likes

Yeah there’ll be a few of those mate. If shes left you for a heavy drug user then chances are shes a heavy drug user herself? Im 29 next month and have had 2 long term girlfriends a few years apart. The first one and I loved taking drugs together but ultimately itd never work out; we were 20-22. I am in absolutely no hurry. My sister got married a year ago, my brother has a daughter; it’d be easy to think I need to catch up but it just isn’t the way for everyone - Dont worry about meeting someone right now, itll happen when it happens.

As for finding stuff to do - Id advise getting creative. Buy an instrument, learn a language, learn to cook (women love it), paint, build just something that makes all of your senses, your hands and your brain work together. Time flies when you’re occupied with something you enjoy.

6 Likes