Time to make the choice

It’s time to change, my son deserves me at my best, my husband deserves me at my best, and I deserve me at my best. I’m tired of hiding alcohol and being ashamed of myself and sneakily drinking while my husband is at work. I don’t drink everyday but when I do the saying “one too many is never enough” is very true for me. I wish I had never started drinking again after I had my son. I stopped drinking as soon as I ovulated (fertility treatments) and didn’t pick it up again until my son was 7 months old. Mostly because I was afraid I’d be like I was before I got pregnant, drinking too much and falling/hurting myself. I want to quit now before I get pregnant again and the choice is made for me. I need it to be my choice. I’m in the middle of day 2. Reading posts here has given me so much encouragement. My father drank himself to death at the age of 50 and I refuse to go down the same path.

11 Likes

First, love your screen name, although that song is going to be stuck in my head now! :smile:

Good for you for making that call. Have you spoken to your husband about it yet? The more support you can get the better. It doesn’t have to be a big thing but we all need a bit of help to get where we need to be :pray::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Hi and welcome here 🙋
Sorry you have to miss your father because of alcohol. You can change and walk another path. Glad you’re here.
It helps me to be here every day so I hope to see you around often.

4 Likes

Hey there. Welcome. I have been here for 2 weeks and I cannot thank this community for the support, love, encouragement and confidence in themselves & in me. There is nothing to gain or loose. People here know the addiction and pain. I am glad you have reached out and I have faith and believe you got the guts to face your dragons otherwise you wouldn’t have taken care of yourself by signing up and wanting accountability. Welcome my friend. Welcome home.

2 Likes

I’ve already had to start over. But I’ve gotten rid of everything I had and I’m feeling ready. I know I should talk to my husband about it and I know that it’s not healthy to not talk to him about it but I tend to feel less pressure if I don’t make it a thing. He’s away a lot anyway and I don’t want him to worry about it and put more of a strain on him. And thank you! It took me a while to come up with a screen name lol

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

That means a lot to me. Thank you for the warm welcome. :heart: