Times like now

Times like right now are the reason why I haven’t been able to go for a long time without drinking.

I had a shitty day at work. Well first off I had to walk three and a half miles to work than I work at a supermarket so I had to walk around work for 9 hours. Than my boyfriend just had to laugh at it all and I just couldn’t handle it so I got mad and now he isn’t talking to me and all I want to do is go get drunk and have a happy buzz…
:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

And then be full of a ton of regret. Part of sobriety is learning to cope with stress like you were born to deal with it. Not through escape, but facing it head on. You got this. You’re not a slave, you’re the master. Punch this day in the face and refuse to be broken.

8 Likes

We have times like that sober and times like that wasted. We just ----- have times like that. And by “we” I mean humans.

When I was using, it always bothered me to be so weak that I would even entertain “”“needing”"" some drug to deal when so many people don’t. It made me feel like a boy, not a man. I thought (a million times over), “Damn. I can’t make it through life without some crutch?? What am I going to do if we are ever living in a desperate world in desperate times?? How am I going to gives strength and security to my family??”

But these moments – these damned stressful sad lonely enraging exhausting moments – they’ll come. And if you work through them like an adult, they’re a work-out worth something. Otherwise they’re just spilled milk.

There’s no problem using can’t make worse!
You’re worth fighting for :fist:t3:

1 Like

Would it be a happy buzz, though? Or would you end up angry and say/do shit you will regret? What has happened in the past when you argued, and then started drinking? I bet it wasn’t good. It rarely is. :persevere:

4 Likes

PUNCH THIS DAY IN THE FACE!!!

My new favorite image.

ka-POW!

2 Likes

Ask @Sober_Ninja about kicking shit in the face. She’s a ninja for realz

2 Likes

Thank you all! I know drinking isn’t the answer but sometimes it’s the battle that is the hardest. The battle of knowing it isn’t right for me to I don’t give a fuck. But I won last night and manage not to hit the reset button!

4 Likes

Yesssss! Lots of small wins add up !

1 Like

I ask myself what good that drink will do. I can’t ever think of a single good reason when I put it that way, no matter what’s going on. I always decide I won’t be in a better position after that drink. Instead I see quite the opposite and stay sober. Great great job staying sober!!

1 Like

“When life hands you lemons, you gotta say fuck the lemons and bail”

3 Likes

Thought when life gives you lemons you make lemonade :joy:

1 Like

You can do whatever the hell you want with those lemons as long as you don’t drink alcohol today lol.

1 Like

Right. No fermentation of the lemons.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that you are having a challenging day. Make it through today without drinking, and you will feel something…that feeling is VICTORY!

1 Like

I’m having one of those days myself… just gotta take a few breathes and laugh at what you can. Hope your day goes better :smile::smile:

1 Like

I haven’t, my challenge is always Friday night and the entire weekend

1 Like

This could be looked at another way.

1. Thankful to have use of your legs, that you can walk.

2. Thankful you have a job, a way to support yourself.

3. Thankful you have a boyfriend, someone to share your life with.

Life throws us curveballs all the time, it’s no reason to drink. Be happy for what you have, what you could still lose, if you drink there’s a real possibility that you could lose it.

1 Like

Must be one of those days! I too had a very shitty day and am still in a funk. But that doesnt give me a reason to drink… I know better, been there, done that. Relapse unfortunately is a part of my story. And i dont want to ever go back to it…
So here it is 7:00pm, I’m getting off work at 8. I’m gonna go home, shower, eat, watch a movie while I go to bed. So my day is accounted for. No need to fuck it up by taking a drink. A drink will just fuck everything up for me. So ask yourself, is it really worth it? In my eyes it’s not… I think back to the last time being drunk, and boy was it a shit show… Hang in there. It will get better… as I’m telling myself the same thing.

2 Likes