Tips for quitting smoking or what's worked for you?

So I’ve been clean for 74 glorious and beautiful days. I quit smoking cigarettes about a pack a day habit about 3 months ago. I started going to meetings with a group of work friends turned real friends though and everyone in recovery smokes pretty much and I was smoking for a few days and decided to just start buying E-Cig as a substitute because I Run, workout and such so I just hate smoking and it’s a nasty habit. I’ve been doing the e-cigs for maybe 2 weeks? I want to quit after the one I have is gone. I’m sure withdrawals won’t be bad if at all noticeable but I just really don’t want to pick it up at all again. Any tips of tricks for me?? Whatever’s worked for you would also be greatly appreciated !

Thank you so much that means alot! I need to stock up candies and stuff to keep my hands busy for sure. && I think smoke breaks are the hardest to replace, meditation is fantastic though so I think that would be a great one for me! Thanks so much I got some things to try tomorrow for sure!

I’m day four without a smoke and I’m having a hard time with it too. The boredum is getting the best of me. I’ve been doing a lot of walking and trying to drink lots of water with a straw. It seems to be helping a little but not enough

1 Like

Hi there. Glad you are trying to cope with the stuff at least . Not to budge you toward another habit but I bought 2mg nicotine lozenges and or gum. I pop a half of one in twice a day or less. It takes almost all the craving away for me so far but finding myself trying to use candy and all that as much as possible! Good luck to you keep it up! We can do this

I use mini Altoids and alternate with mini nicotine lozenges. Seems to keep my cravings down. The only times I did cheat I didn’t even like the taste of it. And now that I quit drinking I won’t crave them as much so hopefully I can give up the mini lozenges soon too. Good luck!

2 Likes