TMS Therapy - Anyone have experience?

My therapist today suggested that I look into TMS (trans-cranial magnetic stimulation) therapy, as an adjunct to her EMDR/talk therapy.

It looks out of my price range, with an average of 20-30 treatments at $400-$500 per session!! :flushed:

I’ve never heard of it before, hence the question…

I’ve never heard of it either. Sounds expensive :flushed:

Thanks and yes, way too expensive.

Interesting concept re: re-charging parts of the brain… but it could be weirdo voodoo stuff from folks looking for a quick $$$ (before the lawsuits)… I have no idea :flushed::roll_eyes::joy::kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’ll do it for half that price :wink::wink::wink: what could go wrong :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

(I apparently need a full sentence to post… hence these useless words…) :woman_shrugging:t3::roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like

giphy-15

3 Likes

I have never heard of that therapy but have been reading/ listening/researching/experiencing rewiring the brain, really interesting.

Dr Bruce Lipton talks about how to rewire our brains, with the help of meditation and repetition …meditation is the same kinds of state we learned our every day stories we tell ourselves now, in our first 6-7 years of life and repitition has a place in most all learning until we just know the info.

I know having a meditation mind is why/how I reprogrammed my own mind, it is totally voodoo feeling to experience! :smile: But it is so amazing too!

2 Likes

Transcranial magnetic stimulation ( TMS ) is a noninvasive procedure that uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain to improve symptoms of depression. TMS is typically used when other depression treatments haven’t been effective.27 Nov

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of it, but have done EMDR. Is it new? 20-30 sessions at that per session price is crazy!!

3 Likes

I’d never heard of it until yesterday. Need to do some research, but I think it is way out of my $ range. Seeing my weekly therapist at $180 per session is steep enough! :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

EMDR can be super helpful. I’m glad you are getting that type of therapy. Have a great sober day today!

1 Like