To the relapser, Vol 6

1109 days sober…and hindsight is 20/20. If I could go back 20+ years and shake sense into me I would.

I heard something at my very first AA meeting that still resonates with me, something I remind myself constantly. A man said, “My best thinking earned me this chair, at this table, at this meeting”

For years I would try to get sober, come up with some great plan…fail miserably…drink, reapeat the cycle. My plan, my thoughts, my actions…all lead me to the bottom of a bottle.

How many times do we see posts, where someone tried to have just one and it ended horribly…their own best thinking. It’s not just here, waltz into an AA meeting and a newcomer will “think” the same thing.

If you are constantly relapsing, ask yourself…“whose thinking am I taking advice from”. If it is yourself, you just might find yourself repeating a cycle, so many of us did for years. There are a lot of ways to get sober, Talking Sober is a testement to that. Plenty of people with years of sobriety behind them. Lean on them, listen to them, take their advice.

Stay sober!

18 Likes