Today is Day 1

I’m at 24 hours without smoking. I realize that when I quit smoking cigarettes 3 years ago, I began smoking weed more, so much that I began relying on weed to take it’s place. I quit cigs cold turkey and plan on doing the same for weed. It’s affecting me mentally and physically. My thoughts are always clouded and after smoking, I’m lethargic and have no motivation to do anything. The dark eye circles and bags are becoming too noticeable for me to solely attribute it to ‘sleep deprivation’. I want better for my future. Wish me luck.

3 Likes

Good luck. You got this. Very good start. Keep coming back here and you will find support.

1 Like

Hey buddy…glad you’re here. Fantastic news on wanting to quit. Came on here to say that quitting substances (weed and cigs being two of them) is still the greatest decision I ever made. Coming on here (pretty much constantly) for the first few months helped me immensely. I got to read from people on here and lean on them when I was struggling. This place is amazing. There’s a lot of threads on here to read through. It helped me to write down a list of every reason I could think of of why I wanted to get sober along with a dDETAILED account of my last hangover. I read these the first month or two when cravings hit. I also deleted the number of every connect in my phone. Glad your here💛

2 Likes

just finished day 5 without weed and cigs. be prepared for low appetite and some sleep problems. good luck you got this!!!

1 Like

I appreciate you all. Thanks for the well wishes. The solidarity makes me feel a lot better, coming from people who understand where I’m coming from and going through.

1 Like