Today is my 1st day

I am scared to death of tomorrow. But if I don’t stop drinking, in any type of capacity, I will never achieve my goals. This is it. I’m 41 and I’m exhausted. I just need something that holds me accountable. I’m hoping that’s where this app comes in. It’s worth a shot! To everyone else new here, I’m proud of you! This isnt easy at all!

14 Likes

I’m only 3 days ahead. It is not easy! But we have no choice right? Just keep playing the tape forward. It will NEVER be one or two civilised drinks. It becomes a shit show :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It’s Friday here. This time last week I was stocking up for a huge Drinking weekend alone - hubby went camping and I was thrilled to be alone with the bottle. Really very sad. I’m 44 and can say with experience it only gets worse. Just worry about today. Not tomorrow until it’s tomorrow :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome. Stick around. It’s a very good accountability tool. There is a thread called “Checking in daily to keep focused” People use this exactly for that.
Search out topics using the magnifying glass. There have been a few new people this last week, so there should be relavant topics near the top

I’m there with you ! A newbie

No, it isn’t. But it’s doable!
Read around, there is a lot of information about your addiction and how to quit here on this app. Make yourself stronger by learning!
If you have a question, ask! If you need help, ask!
This app can be of great help when you use it!

Welcome 🙋
I hope to see you here often!

2 Likes

Make it easy try a meeting they will help wish you well

My first day too :blush: I feel the same way, good luck to us

1 Like

There are great threads on here for getting through the first days. Daily Tip for the Struggling Newbie is a great one. I recommend meetings, AA, NA, SMART recovery, Refuge Recovery or Dharma Recovery, whatever floats your boat. The key is that IRL contacts are great support and accountability help.

1 Like

Welcome! I’m on day 5 (again)…proud of you for joining us and taking the first step to take control of your life back. There is nothing to fear, alcohol is our enemy, turn away from it and envision a healthy, happy, productive you! Alcohol steals all of that from us with false promises of fun.
You can do this, you are a bad ass!!!