Today is my 24hr mark sobriety

Hello everyone today is my 24hr of being sober. So many mixed emotions. I feel like i need to relearn how to do everything all over again. My mind feels like all it wants to do is go back and use however i keep telling my self what brought me to this chapter in my life , why am i almost at a point of loosing my job , my home and all good things i have worked so hard for. Its a minute by minute type thing for me. I gotta admit who dosent like a good battle where just when it seems all is lost the goodness in you says its not over till i say its over and that aint now

11 Likes

One second at a time. You got this.

2 Likes

One day at a time. Really think about it.

If all you achieve each day is NOT drinking then you’ll beat this. Just focus each day on sustaining that one thing.

One foot in front of the other, one day at a time. That’s how we win.

1 Like

Yeah keep going. And that’s the last thing you want is to lose your job so please keep your head up :speaking_head: you can do this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: keep hard at work and you can do this because it’s gonna be hard work but trust me hard work pays off and you will love you life once you get to a certain point in your sobriety. Here to chat anytime love your post keep up the good work and don’t go back whatever you do !

Congratulations! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Hey there - and welcome!

24 hours is where we all start. We made that vow to not drink today, no matter what…and come hell or high water, we made it through.

I came here on my first day sober - over four years ago. I can’t tell you how many times I had tried and failed on my own - and I found this community out of total desperation and the knowledge that I was going to die if I didn’t stop.

Someone asked me then,”what are you willing to do to get sober?”

For the first time, my honest answer was “ANYTHING.”

You can do this. Today you don’t drink…no matter what. No matter how bad things are, how lousy you feel, what happens today… you don’t drink for the next 24 hours.

Come here for help when you need it - people will be here for you.

You can do this.

2 Likes

Congrats on your great decision and accomplishment!

2 Likes