Today is my first day. I am a bartender and already ratted myself out to my boss and manager. I have great support from both. I'm doing this for my son

Today is my first day. I am a bartender and already ratted myself out to my boss and manager. I have great support from both. I’m doing this for my son. I need to live.

15 Likes

Welcome to our awesome community. Being a bartender while getting sober is going to be really difficult but I’m sure you already know that. Get a game plan in place and be sure to check in here often. Wishing you well on your journey .

7 Likes

Thank you. I’m looking forward to the journey

4 Likes

I’m glad you have support from your boss and manager. Lisa’s right - get a strong plan in place for how you’ll stay on this path. And do this for you, too - not just your son.

3 Likes

Welcome! The host of the addiction unlimited podcast was also a bar tender when she got sober so it definitely can be done, maybe check her show out if you’re bored.

2 Likes

Welcome! Great decision :slight_smile: And I’m glad you’re here!

1 Like

Welcome to TS :slightly_smiling_face:

It sounds like you have a great reason to choose sobriety and having support from people around you is priceless.

This forum and the people here are amazing. I know you’ll find even more support and advice here as well.

1 Like

I bartended years ago and seeing how people acted while I was working was such an eye opener. It really is crazy that it’s such a normal thing; nothing good comes from it.
Welcome btw!!🙋

4 Likes

Yes. Your right. For me and my son

I was often too drunk to notice. But I’m sure I will now.

1 Like

Thank you I’ll check it out

Welcome to our neck of the woods. I’m 413 days sober today. I’m glad you’ve chosen to join us. Some days are hard. Others are easy but EVERYDAY matters. Sobriety is the best gift you can give yourself and your son. (My son just recently turned a year, he too is MY why) We are a great community here. People are always willing to listen and offer encouragement and support. Some tips? Focus on hobbies. Revisit old ones or get new ones. Read here often, post when the feeling strikes you. Treat everyday like day one. You can do this. Welcome and I wish you continued luck on your journey.

3 Likes

Welcome! As someone who used to work restaurants in another life (as a server, bartender, and management), I think you made the right choice. Working in restaurants can be such high stress and there is a certain… lifestyle… that is prevalent in the restaurant industry. Making sure that your management team knows your goals is important in this area. You can do this.

3 Likes

Congratulations on over 400 days. Awesome.
Hugs

1 Like