Today is my first day. Need support, advice, help

I have smoked my last cigarette.
I have smoked my last joint.
My alcohol is also finished.

Today is my first day of recovery.
I need your support, advice, help. Don’t want to relapse.

6 Likes

Your on the right path! Congratulations on this decision. This is a great place with great people who are all willing to help. Take it one day at a time and you’ll do great. Congrats again on day one!! :v:

1 Like

Welcome! You have our support. There is lots of advice (search for terms like “alcohol”, “weed”, “cigarette”, or any other terms, above, and you’ll find lots of advice). You have our help, too :innocent: - as much as we can.

Take it one day at a time. Keep it simple. Recognize when urges and thoughts of using are coming too you. See them, acknowledge them, but recognize that they are not you. You don’t have to give them control. They do not define you.

Keep coming back. Looking forward to seeing more of you!

1 Like

Congrats on the start. Has to start some where. Good luck.

I’ll be hosting a quick Zoom meet and greet this coming Saturday morning at 10am eastern. The zoom passcode to join is 282-226-7095. This is not a formal meeting of any type. Just a few of us to get and chat and socialize. I’ll lock the meeting after 5 or 6 people join. Hopefully this can be enjoyable and help take our minds off all the struggles right now. It’d be great if newbies or those with less than 30 days sober join in (I am both of these as well, 28 days on Saturday). You can either join through the zoom app or go to their website zoom.us - there is no cost.

1 Like

That’s Great! You can do this one day at a time! I am considering letting cigarettes go too! Thanks for the inspiration! Remember that you dont have to react to the thought of using anything…Its just a thought! I hope this is useful, its been very helpful to me only having 88 days. Hang In There!

I’m Newish to the forum. I wrote this 5 days ago. Not sure how to get it to you except by copying and pasting. It’s a little long and I reckon it would help break any addiction.

“ I got some tips if your interested. I smoked many years ago and my boss paid for us to do a stop smoking clinic. It worked. I didn’t just quit smoking. I STOPPED smoking.
Anyway. The things that worked best for me were.
First 2 weeks.
No booze. U should have that down already I hope.
No sugar
No caffeine
These things are all triggers.
Drink lots of water. Seriously drink water like you’ve never drank it before. Helps flush out the nicotine.
I got some worry beads to keep my hands busy.
Get a straw. Creep it in your mouth and suck in fresh air. I remember waiting tables and I always had a straw in my mouth for about a month. Even taking orders. It was definitely a conversation piece. I found the big fat McDonalds straws work the best. Cut them in half.
Drink lots of water.
The most fun or interesting part was mess up your brain. Smoking is a habit right. Start messing up all your habits.
Sleep on the other side of the bed.
Drive to work a different route
Use your spouses car if u can.
Sit in a different spot for dinner.
Shower in the evening if u usually shower in the am.
You get the idea.
Did I say drink lots of water?
Good luck. I didn’t think this was going to be this long. But it worked for me. Maybe because my wife and I were planning on starting a family back then and I didn’t think I’d be a good example being a father with a butt in his mouth. But I had tried before and nothing worked until I had all these tools to help me.
Good luck. God bless. “

Keep coming back here there are some great people with some good stuff to share.
:crazy_face::heart:

1 Like