Today is one of those difficult days

I am going for day 2 of no alcohol and my body is acing I have pains in places I didnt even know I had places …I am not going to relaps but my mind keeps wandering off to a drink…trying to keep busy!!! Trying to stay positive!!!

4 Likes

@Lorrie you can did it you are in control keep writing or go for a walk my body is always yelling I’m hurting get me num but I fight every minute to stay clean. Your not alone.

Hehehe thanx so much as long as its normal …I think its withdrawal that makes me feel so sick and miserable…thanx so much for the support!!!

1 Like

Thanx oliver I am walking with a bottle of water the whole time when I get the urge I just drink alot of water till I feel full…but you guys made me feel better already!!!

2 Likes

What i’m going to do now is reward myself with a big pizza without beer!!! As a reward for staying strong!!!

2 Likes

Day 2 good for you! That’s awesome. Keep up the good work and remember if you need support or advice that’s what we are here for. We all got your back! Keep up the good work going forward. Best wishes on your sobriety journey.

I just saw this was from '16. Hahaha it would help if i read. Nevertheless, I still stand by my statement. :smiley:

Random, but do you like Johnny Cash? His life story of love, loss, addiction and ultimately redemtion is something that comforts me during similar down times. You can hear the wisdom and strength in his voice (especially in his later recordings). Knowing that people can be incredibly strong is something I find motivating. What one human can do, another can do.

1 Like

@MPeezy I enjoy Cash yup. I’m actually rocking a Johnny Cash t shirt right now! His American Recordings were awesome. His later stuff is great. His cover of NiN’s Hurt is hauntingly amazing!

1 Like