Today is the day

This is the first time I admitted to myself or anyone I have a problem with alcohol

12 Likes

Congratulations, you made a first step to better life :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Last week was the same for me. Iā€™m 5 days in and have struggled more than I thought I would. But I have to keep telling myself that I DO have a problem and that I have to stay the course or itā€™s going to cost me everything.

Stay strong my friend and take it one moment at a time.

1 Like

I like this mindset, ā€œI DO have a problem and I have to stay the course or itā€™s going to cost me everything.ā€ That is a good reminder to keep telling yourself.

1 Like

I love this thought.
I also think itā€™s funny and polarizing how much I pushed the cost consequences of drinking to the side because I thought sobriety was going to cost me too much.
I thought I wouldnā€™t have fun anymore.
I thought I would lose my friends.
I thought my life would be too boring.
I thought I wouldnā€™t be able to handle stress or relax.

Thatā€™s the biggest distinct difference for me this time around.
I got to a point that I wanted sobriety so much I didnā€™t care what it cost.
I just didnā€™t give a f- anymore.
Even if that meant I would be the most boring, stressed out, friendless person in the world lol

7 Likes

Congrats on this first step.
As they say, the truth will set you free!

1 Like

Hi Jaygray
Iā€™ve known that l have

had a problem for years but never ammitted to myself until now I just hope its not to late for my marriage I know my drinking puts a lot of stress on my wife even though she dosnā€™t complane and takes a lot of my monthly salary
At work I know that Iā€™ve always had a short fuse but lately its worse than ever and I think that Iā€™m losing my mind I canā€™t remember what I have done and its considerably conerning

1 Like

Congratulations with this step! Hope that there a more steps going to follow!

The biggest roadblock for me was thinking I was missing out. In reality, if you need booze to cope with life or have fun, something is very wrong.

1 Like

24 days ago I downloaded this app, and for the first time shared with others my struggles with alcohol. This forum has been a great help to me and I hope it does the same for you. I have also put a strain on my marriage because of booze and it just isnā€™t fair for anyone involved. Coming here is a great start for you. Best of luck. :v:t3:ļø

1 Like

Congrats on making the first step! It isnā€™t easy but if you stay focused and take it one day at a time, you are on your way to a healthy recovery!!! #74DaysSober

How are you feeling?

I still struggle to call it a problem and always try to work my way around words like ā€˜problemā€™ or ā€˜addictionā€™, but honestly it can be so helpful to take the challenge head on!

I knew my drinking was an issue but could always explain it away or rationalize it. I just recently admitted my problem too. Be honest with your wife. Go to meetings. Ask for her help. Donā€™t push her away while you work through this.

Good luck to you

But really; it turns out you happen to be a deep person with interesting perspectives on something meaningful. Proof that alcohol takesā€¦it never gives.

2 Likes

Better today than yesterday