Today is the first step toward a better life

Today is the first time I have been willing to admit that I am an alcoholic and have been struggling with my addiction for the better part of my adult life. Today is day one. I will take back my life from this addiction. I have a plan and I’m going to succeed!

14 Likes

What’s your plan?

To replace my old habits with better ones, one of my best friends is sober and has agreed to be my adventure buddy, I used to drink every day after work, instead of following my outdoor passions, I’m going to go back to riding my mountain bike and hiking the coast where I live. Change my poor habits for things that enrich my life.

7 Likes

Welcome @Coleheart86 :blush:

1 Like

I’d be sure to check in with some support group daily. What if your friend can’t go on an adventure one day? What if you’re bored of activities and want a day off? I applaud you for wanting to make a change but make sure you have a plan for cravings etc.

2 Likes

Thanks Jim I appreciate your suggestions

Welcome! Your taking some very big amazing steps. Keep the focus in the day but have a plan nd a support system. And I agree 100% with @Jim27.

1 Like

this attitude and drive my friend willl take you far and beyond this is amazing wishing you the best congrats on your first day

1 Like

Congratulations on day 1:) glad you are here

1 Like