Today Mark's 1/2 a year sober

I am not sure how I feel. one I never thought I’d make it this long. two feelings are scary as hell to deal with. three still working on my avoidance behavior and I know I still have lots of work to do on myself

26 Likes

Congratulations Marie :tada:
Milestone days are tricky days, at least for me. When I reavh them it’s sort of “now what?”.
I know I have to move forward, but the day itself and a few around them makes me happy and twisted at the same time.

5 Likes

Wow! Members like this are an inspiration for me. I am at day 41 and this makes me feel much more positive.

5 Likes

Whoo hoo! Congrats Marie! That’s wonderful. Keep on keeping on and the other stuff will fall into place.

1 Like

Great work :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

All sounds like things I thought when I hit 6 months as well.

Hell I still avoid some things/conversations, I still get unsettled by feelings at 21 months.

Just keep growing, you’re getting your sea legs under you.

Congrats on 6 months, don’t take it for granted. Enjoy your day, do something nice for yourself.

4 Likes

Congratulations!
Just remember, one day at a time… you’ve got this! We work everyday on ourselves, and we acknowledge that it isn’t always easy.
Keep up the good fight… YOU ARE WORTH IT!

1 Like

thanks, that’s exactly how I am feeling.

2 Likes

Congratulations. Feelings can be a bit rough around milestones.
This too shall pass.
Well done.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! 1/2 a year is such an awesome milestone to hit!! I would love to be where you are! Keep moving forward.

1 Like

Congratulations on your 6 months!! Early milestones often messed me up a bit, got my mind wandering. It passed quickly, but ot was there. Keep on keepin on!! It gets better!!

Ps, you should be super proud of yourself!!

2 Likes

Name one person who’s never had an addiction problem who doesn’t think feelings are scary? Who doesn’t avoid some situations because they aren’t good for them? I don’t know any.

Sounds like you are doing great!

4 Likes

Congratulations!! Remember that you’ve made it this far and you can do it again to make your year. Take it day by day, don’t push yourself to hard. You can do this!!

2 Likes

Keep up the great work! I have 63 days today. Tou should treat yourself Every month I remain sober I buy/do something nice for myself. Continued success on your sober journey. Have a great Sober Subday and keep on.

1 Like

at a country concert with a special someone

1 Like