Today my 1st day stopping weed

Any advice how to not smoke once you get bored or how to get motivation to work whiteout smoking

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, the first couple of weeks is not pleasant. There are going to be withdrawal symptoms and cravings that you will need to overcome.

Something that will help is changing the people, places and things that you associate with weed. This may require you to stay home and miss out on things for a while. During that time, change your relationship with weed. I wrote up a topic on how I did this with alcohol, but the process would work with any drug.

And most importantly, take it one day at a time. All we got to do is get through today.

5 Likes

My first day today as well. I quit earlier this year for a job I wanted and as soon as I landed that in March, I continued again. I did notice a big difference when I quit for those 3 months and I want to try again. Insomnia is my problem.

1 Like

I couldn’t sleep either, but than I worked out before bed and got in shower and slept like a baby lol

1 Like

Appreciate it really help

I’m on my day 2 of quitting weed and I’m sending you encouragement ! We got this , one thing that’s helping me is staying out of places I typically smoke and also music has been a big help !

2 Likes

Get rid of your paraphanelia! Throw ugly/resiny pipes out, or gift/sell your nice pieces. It felt good for me to do.

Honestly I felt terrible the first weeks. I distracted myself with sleep and tv. I repeated, my only job is not to use. This forum was also amazing help to me.

Best of luck, it is possible!

2 Likes

It would help if I linked the topic, lol

Change your Relationship with Alcohol

There ya go!

1 Like