Today was a hard one

Day 8 and cravings kicked in hard this afternoon, I really wanted to have “just one” ( that would have turned into way more) but I kept myself busy and said no!! I’m happy I made it today but it scares me because I craved it bad, my child was being so difficult and I really needed alone time to get drinking off my mind but that’s not an option!! I hope I can continue to say no even on hard days!

9 Likes

Congratulations! You did it! You made it through! I hope tomorrow’s sobriety comes easier.

2 Likes

Keep fighting it’s worth it!!!

2 Likes

Good for you! I’m back on day one …again. it is worth it!

I had a tough day 8 a couple days ago. Good thing i stayed strong and hit double digits. Stay strong!

1 Like

You will face many days like that, in the beginning all I thought about was drinking, not actually craving. But wanting to drink. Hang in there

1 Like

Congratulations on kicking the hard days ass! Stay strong & be proud!

Thank y’all so much for the encouragement ! It sure was worth it to wake up feeling rested and ready for the day!! That’s always the best part for me

I suggest looking into a recovery program to help you to live with life on life’s terms without drinking. (You can take your child with you if you need to). In early sobriety, those thoughts and feelings rear their ugly head often. But it does get easier. Be patient with yourself and come here as often as you need to.

3 Likes