Today was so hard

I feel so miserable. My self esteem is shot. I’m depressed. My nightmares have started up again.
Today I tried to go to my homegroup meeting and the guy sitting next to me was legit staring me the whole time it made me so uncomfortable I couldn’t focus on what anyone was saying. I even turned to him and stared and said “what?!” And he’s like ohh uhh sorry and then continued to stare so I got up and left. Fuck all these guys. I hate everyone right now. And on top of everything I saw a bunch of pictures on social media of my ex through a mutual friend and it felt like I got stabbed in the chest. It made me feel physically ill. I hate my life today. I’m grateful of friends who’ve checked in on me but also hyper aware of the people who haven’t even asked if I’m okay when I reached out. Some days life is really beautiful and I see the beauty in humanity but right now I just see a lot of ugliness.

4 Likes

I know it’s hard. Hang on and remember tomorrow is a new day. Don’t let the world talk you out of caring or carrying the torch of recovery. I’m rooting for you.

3 Likes

I definitely sounds like it was not a good day for you. Sorry to hear that. I can relate to the part about seeing pictures of your ex on. That can hurt. You’re not alone! Tomorrow will be better. Focus on positive things and the negative will disappear

2 Likes

You know that we get these days. You are strong enough to ride it out!
You reached out on here, it’s great to have somewhere to vent.
Tomorrow is a new day! :hugs::star_struck:

2 Likes

You’ve been dealing with a lot of annoying crap, and people, lately. Now your sleep is interrupted with nightmares. It’s always harder when it feels like life is pig-piling on you.
I hope you are getting a more peaceful sleep.
:hugs:

3 Likes

Its hard but try to keep going !! Social media is everyone’s best bits not wants happening behind closed doors ive got rid of my account as my focus is myself not everbody else !!!

3 Likes

Slept until 2pm today. Decided i am not getting out of bed today. I physically feel exhausted and I’m mentally depressed so I’m going to watch Netflix and order food take extra melatonin and hopefully go to sleep early.

4 Likes

That’s my kind of plan!

Live your life wisely and reap the rewards of better living, let them envy you in your better life…

I’ve come to accept this as life. I always wanted everything to be awesome, perfect, in balance. And the reality is that life just is not so.

You keep doing you. From what I’ve seen and read from you, you’ve taken the coal dump that was your life and started making diamonds out of it. Some are brilliant and sparkly, some look like frozen tap water.

Keep trudging, keep believing in yourself, keep living.

Thanks for your share, struck a chord with me today.

4 Likes