Today's my first day trying to sober up from alcohol

Been a crazy binge of drinking a lot lately that leads to other stuff. Just trying to start somewhere and make small goals at a time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So welcome to this is wonderful app. I hope you stick around. Read a lot. Ask a lot. And take it one day at a time. This place is the best to stay sober. Wishing you all the best and hope to see around :blush:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum Tony. I hope you’ll find Talking Sober as inspirational in your sobriety as I have in mine. It has been a godsend.
Having made the decision to start somewhere is half the battle. You’re off to a great start in sobriety. The rest is follow-through. One day at a time, one hour at a time, even one breath at a time is how we get through our days sober. My motto is I don’t drink or use no matter what. I pick the phone up and call my sponsor, a mentor, get to a Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, someone or something that’s going to be a positive influence in my life when I get frustrated and life isn’t going exactly the way I wanted it to. That usually gets me right sized and it brings me back to reality and keeps me humbly grateful in my recovery.
Again welcome to the community Tony. This is a good place for people like us. :heart:

5 Likes