Tool - Fear Inoculum (SPOILER WARNING for those who haven’t listened to it yet)

One of the best shows I’ve ever seen in my life was tool at the Chicago theater in 06 I think.

1 Like

I saw them 3 years ago. It was the best experience I have ever had. Last show I’d gone to as well. I wasn’t hammered either…maybe I should start to go to those events again…I don’t particularly like to drink or be f***ed up as it ruins the experience and a big waste of money. Same with hockey games and movies…:rofl::smirk:

2 Likes

Agreed @jewelz it does ruin it. I’ll have to re-train my brain to experience great events sober. But it will be WORTH IT! Also, to take it ALL in sober and remember everything will be amazing! I’ve wasted too much money being messed up at concerts and other great events. I look forward to experiencing things on the bright!

2 Likes

They are my sobriety band. I only found them this year! Don’t ask me how I missed them 20 years ago. Probably too off my head in dance clubs!:joy:

4 Likes

I’ve seen them 3 times :grin:, remember 2 of them :pensive:.

Saw them in 2001, 2006 and 2017.

2006 was my favorite, it was at the Paramount theater in Seattle, the larger of the midsized venues (2800 seats)…

3 Likes

We could have been at the same 2006 show :thinking:

3 Likes

Awesome. In my opinion, legends of music. Underrated. Mathematical precision, incredible creativity.

If you only discovered them this year, what’s your fav song / album so far?

I’ve been following them since Undertow.

1 Like

Your comment kept running circles inside my head about listening in a meditative state and tried to figure out which song fit best with this. Came to this conclusion: “Pushit” but the live version from Salival.

2 Likes

Right I’ve took the weekend to go over and over the albums. And even though I’d like to say 10,000 days is my favourite one, that accolade would have to go to Lateralus. There is not one filler on it. It’s consistent all the way through.
Something that this weekend has done for me is remind me how I used to listen to music, from when I was a kid to, I don’t know. But I know I don’t take the time to listen properly. I suppose life got in the way. Revisiting Alice in Chains now.

4 Likes

That’s definitely something I felt about Lateralus. But I’m still torn between Lateralus and Aenema and I’m not sure I’ll ever solve it.

Lateralus was the first album I’d bought of theirs and loved it. I can listen to it anytime from beginning to end.

Musically I loved the low tones and theres a lot of complex things going on but it comes together brilliantly.

Did you notice the fibonacci sequence In the title track?

1 Like

I hadn’t, no.

The syllables follow the sequence.

I wondered if the tab followed it or something!

I must admit, there is something in the music. The way it’s put together. I don’t have the words.
The drumming is up there with Bonzo Bonham and Moon as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like
2 Likes

New album dropped like promised: aug 30th at 0:00 hours

3 Likes

I like the weird noise tracks more than the meandering 13min songs that all sound like generic tool music…

How can a song by memorable that way?

No spoilers please. It’s going to be my listen at work today.
:rofl::rofl:
Just downloaded it on Spotify. Can’t wait to hear it!!!

1 Like

Still working my way through it. No opinion formed yet