Tough day for me

Does any one else have on those fuck it i should use days even after being over a year sober? Because I’m having one of those days today

4 Likes

All of us have them, try to focus on the reasons that led you here and what happens next if you give in to the fuck its…also remember it will pass and you’ll be glad you didn’t cave…

3 Likes

It hasn’t been close to a year for me but I get those days and I try to convince myself that it would be ok for one day. Since I have gone sometime without it I will be able to bounce back and not start daily binging again. Tough one . I just remember how good i feel without it and talk myself out of it . If that fails I put myself in a position that I couldn’t drink like going shopping etc…

3 Likes

I’m going thru this right now at 4 months with alcohol…

The useful things I’ve been taught so far:

See it as an opportunity to re-wire your brain… If you have a craving and then DON’T use, you are creating a new pathway in your brain. It’ll take work, these are good opportunities to use to your advantage.

It is natural, a totally natural part of the process and it will pass.

The craving may mean you need something else!! Are you bored?? Do you need to find something else to do?? Are you hungry or tired? Figure it out!

3 Likes

U have a year??? Oh, hell no… Think back. I dont know how it was 4 u but is was sheer hell and chaos for me. Ive relapsed enough to know it always gets worse… never better. One of my sponsors told me that one side of my brain :brain: was constantly manufacturing bullshit and the other side has to listen to it. Your alcoholic self is telling your sober self all the reasons why its a good idea. Shut it down. Easier said than done. But I still have a HEALTHY fear of where the drink could take me… and I dont want to go. Another thing I’ve been doing that I’ve had drilled in my head… make a graditude list like Pronto. Whenever Ive decided 2 take that first drink in the past I never thought twice about the things I hold near and dear to me… poof! Cunning, baffling and powerful my friend. Ive a year 3 times, just saying. I know the feeling well. Thats all it is A FEELING. so proud of you for coming here first and telling on your disease. :orange_heart::heart::heart::brown_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

I made it through fuck its and didn’t use drugs, I feel so proud of my self for not giving in, I just ended up playing a game on my xbox for like 8 hours

4 Likes